RR1- No serial number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR1- No serial number?

I put some money down today on a beat but sweet Blue Ghost Flames RR1. It is just what I'm looking for and the price is right. It has no serial number stamped on the neck and none anywhere else. It is the real deal, I know that. I did a search but couldn't find much. Blue Ghost Flame Jacksons came out about 10 years ago if I recall, maybe its an early one? Anybody ever run across something like this? Thanks.

No serial number on something like that would normally be cause for at least a little concern. It could have been sanded off to hide a theft, but that would be fairly obvious, unless: It could have been lost if the fingerboard was leveled. It could be an employee project as these are unserialised. Or it could have just slipped through the net, but I'd have thought that was VERY unlikely.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I have posted before about the KV2 Silver/Black Dragon that a local store ordered for me new from Jackson a few years ago. It arrived with serial number on the hang tag but not the guitar! So yes, it does occassionally happen.
      On your BGF RR you need to figure out it the factory simply forgot to stamp it or did it have a serial number at one time that was later removed. Also, keep in mind that if you go to resell it at some point in the futuire, potential buyers will always be leary of a non-serial numberd USA Jackson. If you don't plan to resell it and are able to determine it is indeed a legit USA Jackson with no number then just enjoy the guitar and use it as a means to bring the price down on it when you buy it
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

missed serial stamps aren't uncommon from that time period. i wouldn't sweat it.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I'd go as far as to say no serial number stamp GUARANTEES it's real. Who the hell is going to fake a Jackson RR1 perfectly down to every little detail except for the most ridiculously easy part, stamping a random number within a certain range on the last fret?

Of course, MAYBE THAT IS WHAT THE COUNTERFEITERS WANT YOU TO THINK!!

Barring anything else strange about it, it's real, and I wouldn't hesitate to take it off your hands if I was in the market for one.

Comment

Originally posted by vass View Post
            of course, maybe that is what the counterfeiters want you to think!!
            Ha!

Comment

if it plays like a real RR1 its an RR1 and thats good enough for me.
              good tone isn't something you learn, its something you develop.

Comment

i had an SL2H with no serials number, it appens...

Comment

Thanks for everyone's input, I got the guitar last night and cleaned it and set it up this morning. It is really not in bad shape at all, no wing or headstock chips, no rust and the plastic was still on the truss rod cover. The first thing I did was take off the backplate- a little white sticker with seven lines on it is in there. In blue ink it says 1-31-05 on line two. On line three it says Betty, line five says what looks like Alberta Lakes or Alberto L????. There is also a little green dot sticker with the letters SS on it. My other USAs didn't have stickers inside but do have serial numbers. This axe has a good vibe, feels real nice and sounds great. Has anyone run across a sticker on the inside of the trem cavity like this? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X