Jackson SL1 Custom Graphic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson SL1 Custom Graphic

Hey guys I'm new to this forum, and i have some question regarding this jackson.

The serial although I couldnt quite make out looks to be UO 0990 or something like that. It seems to be a 1991 USA Jackson SL1.

Is the graphics factory or was it added after the guitar was purchased ? Also how are the jackson licensed tremolo from that period ? Was it made by schaller or was it made in Asia.

I'm wondering about all this because I am considering it in a trade and I'm offering my mint/new ESP HORIZON NT-II.

Thanks

That's the one in Vancouver right?

The graphic is original and there are a few of them around. It's called 'Jigsaw'. The bridge on that guitar is a german made Schaller unit and they're very good. However, some eras of that bridge did have problems with the intonation screw thread stripping out of the baseplate. The later versions of the bridge have hardened inserts to eliminate that problem.

The bridge pickup and one of the single coils has been swapped out on that guitar. Not that that's a big deal, but it's worth mentioning...
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Here is a better picture of the bridge

Can you tell if its the ones with intonation problem ?

So since it has a custom graphics would it be considered a "custom shop" ?

Comment

I believe the finish was available as a production option. I don't think that one is custom shop. They are a rare finish however and that could make it worth more than say an otherwise identical guitar in gun metal gray. Unless you hate the puzzle finish, then it's probably worth less...
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

There's no way to tell on the bridge from a pic like that - you'd ideally need a pic with the saddles removed. Whatever, it's not the end of the world if it is one of the bridges with the softer baseplate, but you might want to check the intonation screws when you look at the guitar. Looking at that pic though, the B and E saddles appear to be a long way forward, so you'd need to check out the reason for that.

And no, the guitar is not a 'custom shop'. It's a production Soloist with a std graphic.
          Last edited by neilli; 01-12-2010, 02:12 AM.
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

nice looking fiddle...enjoy
            www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
            My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Originally posted by sirlaser View Post
              Here is a better picture of the bridge

Can you tell if its the ones with intonation problem ?

So since it has a custom graphics would it be considered a "custom shop" ?
              Don't worry about the bridge. The issue mentioned is with the screws that hold down the saddles to the baseplate. The baseplate might have stripped threads. How often does someone loosen and adjust saddles for intonation changes? Next to never. And with this bridge, most would leave it to an experienced tech.

The JT-590 is the second best bridge to an OFR.

I'd worry about other things with the guitar besides this, like, how much do you think you ESP is worth? How much do you like the Jackson? Have you compared the neck profiles? The frets?

I have an old school Horizon with the Jackson headstock from around 1988, and a 2005 Jackson. Both are excellent guitars. Jacksons can come with thinner shredder necks, however.

Comment

Working...
              X