Looking for my old Soloist...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for my old Soloist...

I sold a soloist about 10 years ago that I wish I still had. I hope that someone might know where it is...

Specs:
    Student model
    2 hums - I had routed/expanded the neck humbucker space to fit a brad gillis PJ Marx pickup (great tone BTW)
    Gold Floyd
    Fret dots/markers were removed. Picture below still has them though
    SN: J???? I cant remember it...
    Rosewood fretboard

D

Groovy looking pic, man.

Cool guitar, too. Hope you find it, and get it back.

Comment

Gazarri's

That was on the strip in LA at Gazzarri's in the mid 90's... thx :-) My hair was flying in the air.... the lights made it look purple. Sometimes people think that was a wig, man that was natural curly nastiness.....
      Last edited by diego_inc; 02-11-2010, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Any ability to contact the person/store you sold it to?
        Jackson KV2
        Jackson KE1T
        Jackson KE1F
        Jackson SL1

Comment

Yeah, he sold it to someone else and cannot get a hold of the person.

Comment

I would keep at it, man.

Search out other sources including other forums, search the photo galleries. Try to be patient..
            I just found mine after looking/waiting for about 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by diego_inc View Post
              SN: J????
              Oh I recognize that serial number, I think someone here has it.

Were the dot inlays replaced with anything or just filled in w rosewood? The lack of inlays will be the best way to identify it. It also looks to have a top-mounted Floyd, so likely it is pre-1990. Do the screws holding the Floyd nut drilled all he way to the back of the headstock? If so, it may be earlier made ~1987 or earlier.
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Were the dot inlays replaced with anything or just filled in w rosewood? The lack of inlays will be the best way to identify it. It also looks to have a top-mounted Floyd, so likely it is pre-1990. Do the screws holding the Floyd nut drilled all he way to the back of the headstock? If so, it may be earlier made ~1987 or earlier.
                I replaced the dots with ground rosewood and glue. It's a mid-late 80's model. Yes, top-mounted floyd and nut screws go through the neck. D

Comment

Originally posted by diego_inc View Post
                  I replaced the dots with ground rosewood and glue. It's a mid-late 80's model. Yes, top-mounted floyd and nut screws go through the neck. D
                  That would stick out. I'll let you know if I ever see it.

Comment

I'll keep my eyes open for it and let you know.Best I can do.
                    Check the Gear Page from time to time lots of Jacksons pop up there for sale.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thx everybody :-)... I might be able to find out which state the buyer moved to a while back...

D

Comment

Lost Soloist... still looking...

Thread Resurrection... Guitar was sold in Houston Texas over 10 yrs ago to a friend David Rivera. He sold it to a friend, who then sold it to a friend... I will get the guy's names soon and post... Thx, D

Comment

Looks like you are taking the one in the classifieds? That should be pretty close to your old one.

Comment

Yup, i'm excited to have found that one... especially love it in white too :-) Now I just need to make it to the bank.... :-) Still looking for my old one though...

Comment

Working...
                            X