Is this really a CS? Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this really a CS? Help

Ok I found this guitar at GC that I'm planning on looking at this weekend but they want $1299! I need to try and talk them down. Anyway I'm not sure if this is a Custom shop or what. The only info on it says its a Costomshop snakeskin, No year, and only 1 pic. Any help on this would really be appreciated. Thanks
    Attached Files

Judging by the 1 humbucker, snakeskin finish and maple board, there is a pretty big possibility it is a CS.

I say go for it by if you don't think you should pay that price, bargain.
    Is that a banana in your pants or are you just happy to see me?

Comment

Yea I really like it. If its a CS, feels good, and the frets are decent, im sold! thxs

Comment

that was from when they were all CS guitars technically.
        Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

I can't read attachments.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

$400

Oh sorry thought you were a flipper newb
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

By the looks of the JT6 trem, I place it as a 1987-88 Ontario strat. As mentioned, all Jackson pieces were custom made to order at this time.

That being said, that's a pretty steep price even in great condition.
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Thanks for all the help. You think $800 is fair? That's what I was thinking of offering and no im not gonna turn around and sell it or sell it for parts.

I talked to Matt earlier about getting an SL2H but man I didn't realize the prices had gone up so much from my last buy. That's when I decided to buy used this go around...

Comment

Originally posted by z1n View Post
                  Thanks for all the help. You think $800 is fair? That's what I was thinking of offering and no im not gonna turn around and sell it or sell it for parts.
                  I wouldn't pay much higher than that. Check completed auctions on ebay, cos I think they reflect a lower price. I'd offer em half of their asking and meet at 800.
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                    I can't read attachments.
                    Yeah, what gives with that?
                    Junior 2nd poster can? But I can't either.

Comment

Originally posted by audiophile View Post
                      Yeah, what gives with that?
                      Junior 2nd poster can? But I can't either.
                      +3

Comment

Click the filename itself. I can see it just fine.

As for the guitar, without a work order, there's no guarantee it was actually ordered as opposed to something Jackson built as a "this is what we can do" piece that a lot of dealers received. Granted Jackson did not have a "production line" per se at the time, but they did build guitars and basses on their own simply as "show pieces" which dealers could buy that were not generated from a customer order.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                          +3
                          +4
                          tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Originally posted by micha View Post
                            +4

+5

Comment

Originally posted by Frfurter View Post
                              +5
                              +6

I can't either. I just get told that I'm not privileged enough.
                              Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                              Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Working...
                              X