Some SL1T questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad View Post
    1. I find it odd that Jackson uses a trembucker spaced pickup on a fixed bridge guitar.
    Seems that's the way it is for Jacksons. I took the JB out of my RR1T and found it was F-spaced. I put in a PATB-2 (Parallel Axis Distortion), the first version of the "Trembucker" that Duncan made, and the strings line up perfectly between the parallel pole pieces just like they do for Floyds.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah same with my RR1T. I ordered a SH-5 from Duncan and installed it and the pole pieces didn't line up. I grabbed a TB4 a had kicking around and held it up against the gotoh bridge and the bridge was trem spaced. :think:

Luckily I was planning on going with chrome covers so I orded a TB-5 to go in there, but then the route was too small for the cover...

I was able to make it fit using a little bit of brute force (slightly denting the cover like an idiot) but it was kind of wierd that it's not really routed for a F spaced, but they use an F bridge on it.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

That neck pickup does look a bit off. It almost looks like they used the bridge version of it. I would hope not.

BTW, I've never found the pole spacing to make a damned bit of difference in terms of string-to-string sound. I always use regular-spaced bridge pickups now, because I've found that they sound a little warmer by having shorter coils. F-spaced pickups sound overwound, by comparison.

Comment

Most modern Tune-O-Matic bridges have wide enough spacing to work both with F-spaced and non f-spaced humbuckers. I've used both in my SL1t and had no problems with it.

The neck and middle pickup polepieces don't match either on my guitar. Other than cosmetic wise it doesn't matter as long as the E strings are both inside the polepieces. The magnetic field should be pretty uniform so you won't hear the difference.

Comment

Working...
          X