Jackson 22 fret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson 22 fret

Why doesn't Jackson offer a 22 fret USA dinky or soloist? Other than the RR1 I don't see any 22 fret USA's, why is this?

I don't understand why they won't come out with a USA 24fret Rhoads. I think they don't make 22fret soloists because very few people would want them.
    Jackson USA guitars
    BC Rich guitars

Diezel Herbert
    Diezel VH4
    Framus Cobra
    VHT UL
    Mesa Rectifiers rev C, F, triple F
    Mesa MK3
    Bogner rev 2 Uber

Comment

Ya.. Jacksons (IMO) should all have 24 frets.
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

IMO there wouldn't be enough market for them. All US models cost roughly the same so why should you get one that has less something?

Unless you're really picky of your neck pickup sound.

But I'd rather see a 24 fret US Rhoads as well.

Comment

The only guitar which I ever play with the neck pickup is my Strat. But that's just me.
          "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Some people complain about the fret spacing on 24's.
            Not me...but I have seen it.

Comment

I like the neck pickup closer to the bridge. :dunno:

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                Some people complain about the fret spacing on 24's.
                Not me...but I have seen it.
                It's the same as a 22-fret guitar. :think:

Comment

That's when you should go buy a Charvel. Very fender like neck and fretboard, with a more 80's metal look and overall feel. 22 frets galore

Comment

I have to dissagree, there are plenty of us out there who prefer 22 over 24. I don't think you're getting anything less but rather just a different feel with 22 frets. I don't see any reason why they couldn't offer at least on model, It would be great for those of us 22 fans not to have to go the custom shop route.

Comment

Originally posted by Fender View Post
                      That's when you should go buy a Charvel. Very fender like neck and fretboard, with a more 80's metal look and overall feel. 22 frets galore

I Have a few & they're increadible, but I love Jackson's too & I'de like ebony and sharkfin's on a 22 fret neckthru without the custom shop price.
                      Last edited by Lemures; 03-05-2010, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                        It's the same as a 22-fret guitar. :think:
                        No, it's just a hair wider on 22's.
                        Are you going to make me dig out my calipers?

I'll do it!

OK, that only took a couple minutes.
                        Jackson 24 fret DKMGT: Fret distance from 15 to 16: .570"
                        Charvel 22 fret Model 88: Fret distance from 15 to 16: .592
                        That's .022 just at that point.
                        Last edited by Cygnus X1; 03-05-2010, 09:18 PM.

Comment

I honestly dont care, I never fret that high, I bend like I would a 22. As far as visual asthetics are concerned though I prefer a 24 due to the pickups being closer together. I hate the football field space between the pickups on the JS series and other guitars.
                          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Blinded by science!
                            I don't really notice the difference all that much either.
                            The "football field" is likely only 1/4" if measured.

Most of my guitars are 21 or 22, with only the Jacksons at 24.
                            And I do practice high on the board, but in reality only touch
                            that area once every 5 tunes or so...briefly.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                              No, it's just a hair wider on 22's.
                              Are you going to make me dig out my calipers?

I'll do it!

OK, that only took a couple minutes.
                              Jackson 24 fret DKMGT: Fret distance from 15 to 16: .570"
                              Charvel 22 fret Model 88: Fret distance from 15 to 16: .592
                              That's .022 just at that point.
                              You didn't measure it right.

What you measured was not from the centerline of the two frets, you measured "the space between them" - which does not account for differences in fret wire width.

I can assure you that fret slot placement has nothing to do with the number of frets and everything to do with the scale length. It's math! The distance from the bridge to the nut and each fret slot (the fret's centerline) have to be precisely placed.

For two guitars which are 25.5" scale, each fret will be the same distance from the nut, regardless of the number of frets. If you don't believe me, go take a look at any of the fret slot position calculators on the 'Net.

Now, big fat jumbo wire does make the frets "feel" closer together because there is actually less open space between them, but that has nothing to do with the number of frets.

Also: I'm pretty sure the Model '88 is 24.75 scale. Measure from edge of the nut (on the fingerboard side to where the strings break over the saddle on the bridge... I don't think you'll find it is 25.5".

Comment

Working...
                              X