No announcement yet.

Jackson 22 fret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It if bothers people so much, go custom shop.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
      It if bothers people so much, go custom shop.

That was the point of this all, with all the 24 fret Jackson's in the universe I think they should at least offer one soloist select model with 22 without having to go custom. I mean really do you think they would sell less of them than they do the lefty USA's?

Comment

Well, they don't do 90's style Warriors - i.e.: slanted board and pickups. So I'm keeping an eye out on ebay and hassling various members on this forum for theirs'. Otherwise, I'll wait til I have enough dough to go custom shop.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Lemures View Post
          22 fret soloists, I mean really do you think they would sell less of them than they do the lefty USA's?
          Yeah.... I do.
          Jackson USA guitars
          BC Rich guitars

Diezel Herbert
          Diezel VH4
          Framus Cobra
          VHT UL
          Mesa Rectifiers rev C, F, triple F
          Mesa MK3
          Bogner rev 2 Uber

Comment

I absolutely prefer 22 fret necks for the neck pickup sound, and would go with 22 over 24 if I had the option. But I am able to live with 24 frets.

Comment

there's something about 24 necks that bug me. 22 fret necks just feel better. it always seems to me the 24 fret jacksons have the upper frets mashed together. I LOVE the spacing of my AS model. i'll have to measure my 24 fret Jacksons against the 22 fret models and see if there really is a difference in upper fret spacing.
              Last edited by fatstrat; 03-07-2010, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Unless a 24-fret Jackson is not actually 25.5" scale, then there is no way there is any difference in spacing.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                  Unless a 24-fret Jackson is not actually 25.5" scale, then there is no way there is any difference in spacing.
                  correct. the extra frets just go into the body, hense the neck pickup being pushed down. they still seem different to me. I LOVE my 24 fret jacksons, i'm just not a 24 fret player. it always sounds like someones trying to get a dogs' attention when they hit the 24th fret (standard tuning).
                  Last edited by fatstrat; 03-07-2010, 01:03 PM. Reason: mispell.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                    Nope, it's a dinky a 15/16 to a strat instead of the normal 7/8.
                    Say what? Its a Strat body. The only thing different in terms of size is the body edge radius, which doesn't change the overall size of the body - just the "sharpness" of the sides.
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                      Say what? Its a Strat body. The only thing different in terms of size is the body edge radius, which doesn't change the overall size of the body - just the "sharpness" of the sides.

Exactly, besides i said was that It's ''basicly'' a San Dimas...... strat body, san dimas neck, top mounted floyd with 22 frets.:think:.......:idea:

Comment

Working...
                      X