Gold on White - Yep!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
    It looks good now but I wonder how long it will last. Even the gold plating on FR's doesn't seem to hold up that well over time.
    I've wondered that same thing. Dupli-Color brags about the extreme temperatures their paints can handle, since these are actually made for engines, mufflers, etc... so I was thinking that they should be able to handle some body acid, as well.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      Is it my monitor, or is the gold not reflective? It looks matted, which I've been trying to find (not fond of shiny/reflective gold hardware, but I like the knobs and tuning keys when they fade)
      Some of the stuff is brass. You can remove the plating and have natural brass, which gets that neat "weathered" look.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
        I've wondered that same thing. Dupli-Color brags about the extreme temperatures their paints can handle, since these are actually made for engines, mufflers, etc... so I was thinking that they should be able to handle some body acid, as well.
        The VHT paints were better for high temps but you were supposed to heat the item to be painted right before painting it to promote a good bond. If what you did only lasts a few years you can just paint it again.

Comment

Im feeling it, very cool! Kinda reminds me very slightly of the Richie Sambora Kramer. White with Gold Hardware on that too, except its got the 3 pups and the star thingie

Comment

This is why I love the JCF. You guys were RIGHT! So in complying with the tastes of you fine folks, I went ahead and did the pickup rings and tuning keys this evening.

Overall pic:

Closeup of the rings

Headstock shot (slight blurriness here):

I have to admit that there are a couple of very slight imperfections in the tuning keys. I hung them on small wires for painting and drying and got a tiny bit of paint bulbing in places. It's barely noticeable and a good buffing helped.

Comment

AWESOME! what materials are needed to do this?

Comment

pimp ass soloist dude. i put chrome keys on the black tuning pegs on my model 6 once. it looked weird to me but your white/gold combo works perfectly.
                The devil takes my mind but I don't care. He let me breathe. He gives me air

Comment

Originally posted by fatstrat View Post
                  AWESOME! what materials are needed to do this?
                  see posts 9 & 14

Comment

Good choice, I'm planning a white and gold Fusion special with custom neck and a Gold floyd Rose Speedloader. That looks great....
                    Charvel CST 060 1992
                    Charvel CST 070 1992
                    Charvel CDS 090 1993
                    Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
                    Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
                    Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
                    Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
                    Duesenberg 49er 2012
                    Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
                    Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
                    History TH-LS Limited 2009
                    History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

Fucking cool!!!!!!
                      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Thanks, guys. I'm very pleased with the "Satin Gold" look it ended up with. I just wish that the pictures could do it justice.

Comment

Working...
                        X