No announcement yet.

Suggestions on SL1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, if it weren't Europe... I could. For the USA, $1500 USD is pretty steep for a used Soloist. $2047 is outright robbery.

But I believe I've heard our European members complain the guitars are a lot more expensive there (even figuring in the exchange rate) so... I really don't know. Sorry!

Do you have an Ebay account? Check completed listings for similar guitars, or check other places asking prices, to compare maybe. The transparent finishes like that are usually no more than $100 USD more expensive and the graphics are around $100 - $300 USD more, depending, when you compare them to the basic black and white versions.

I hope that gives you enough info to figure out if those are good prices.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
      Well, if it weren't Europe... I could. For the USA, $1500 USD is pretty steep for a used Soloist. $2047 is outright robbery.

But I believe I've heard our European members complain the guitars are a lot more expensive there (even figuring in the exchange rate) so... I really don't know. Sorry!

Do you have an Ebay account? Check completed listings for similar guitars, or check other places asking prices, to compare maybe. The transparent finishes like that are usually no more than $100 USD more expensive and the graphics are around $100 - $300 USD more, depending, when you compare them to the basic black and white versions.

I hope that gives you enough info to figure out if those are good prices.
      Well....in Europe, guitars are expensive, but you can find a pretty good price on a guitar with a "high" listing...

I really don't know which is a worth price for a used SL1, it's my first approach with Jackson guitars, but i fell in love for this model ( ) and i dream one (a new SL1, in Italy, costs around 3149$..)
      Rick

Comment

If a new one is $3149 and the used ones are $1500 - $2000, then... It seems like a great deal if it's in good condition. One half of the price of new is an excellent deal for anything that's in good condition.

I have an SL1, it's a great guitar. Any of the Jackson USA guitars are excellent!

Comment

$1500 shipped from USA to UK is the max I'd ever paid for a used USA Jackson. That said, my last purchase was only $1350 shipped. As for which of those SL1's, I vote the stock one. I only ever bought one USA Jackson in the UK, and it was a hassle.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
            If a new one is $3149 and the used ones are $1500 - $2000, then... It seems like a great deal if it's in good condition. One half of the price of new is an excellent deal for anything that's in good condition.

I have an SL1, it's a great guitar. Any of the Jackson USA guitars are excellent!
            It's in MINT condition, and it's exactly what I thought some days ago, but some people told me that the worth price for a used Jackson USA is around 600-800€ (826-1101$)...
            Rick

Comment

I wonder if whoever told you that, did not just take the US price and convert to Euros?

That is what I would expect to pay for a used USA Soloist in the USA right now ($800 - $1100, depending on the condition and the finish) but in a country where they sell for 50% more new, I would be surprised to find they are so cheap used. :dunno:

Comment

Working...
              X