No announcement yet.

"There she is.....Miss America....."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well. scratch that idea. I just looked at their website and they dont offer a cock dragon graphic axe wrap.
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

ya know, I watched a pro guy installing auto graphics once, and he would install them wet. he had a spray bottle of a very diluted mixture of soap and water. he would mist the surface with it, and apply the decals. that way he could work out any air bubbles with a squeegee because the decal would slide on the surface. the results were perfect. he said the water and soap would dry up in a day or so and it was fully set. he did my old truck like that back in the 90s. the stuff stayed on there for many years.

Comment

That wrap looks great on that guitar.

Lemon oil - You really should treat your guitar better and check out this http://www.beafifer.com/boredoctor.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Frfurter View Post
          That wrap looks great on that guitar.

Lemon oil - You really should treat your guitar better and check out this http://www.beafifer.com/boredoctor.htm
          That's what i wanted to say too! Go easy on the lemon oil there buddy. It's amazing if you have a really parched up board or some dirty ass rosewood, but yours seriously didn't need it. I hope you didn't put too much in there because it could turn ugly. Too much moisture will cause a slow dry which in turn will make the board shrink a little bit. It'll be hard to tell just by looking, but you will notice when your fret ends are sticking out.

Comment

I like it. I'm just wondering if the flag is just too dirty looking. From the audience perspective it it could just look smudged

Comment

Looks good Power tube...Nice job!!

Comment

Wow I honestly never expected a decal to look that good. Very nice job, and I love the body binding. Awesome!
                My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Comment

Thanks, guys! I totally agree that black hardware would look better with this decal, but since the decal will eventually come off, it's no big deal.

Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Looks real nice.

Good job.

Comment

Will this gig be video'd ? Are you gonna Jimi-fy the anthem, or go more traditional? Let us know!
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                        Will this gig be video'd ? Are you gonna Jimi-fy the anthem, or go more traditional? Let us know!
                        No video (I hope!). I don't Jimi-fy it because I think his version is a bit disrespectful (radical 60's and all that). I play it "straight" but heavy.

Here's my demo:

Anthem Demo

(recorded on a crappy sound card, but you get the idea)

Comment

Nice!
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Those are a good option to using paint. The down side is they do not take pick abuse very well. The graphic is cool. I have done stuff like this for guys and cleared over them so they had the best of both worlds. I prefer painting the design. A design like that with proper clear protection would run around 500. I don't know if that puts the guitar in the 4500 range or not.

Some of the things that affect my business is the high prices on the guitars that you see on ebay. Anyone who has contacted me, certainly can see that I do not charge 1500 for custom paint. HEHEHe. If I did, I would have no customers. The pricing you see on retail is not a good representation of my business ethics of offering a service that I would be willing to pay for as well. I always ask myself, what would I be willing to pay for this or that, despite my performing the task. I think it gauges reality with out any ego getting in way of expectations.

I had a customer not too long ago contact me after contacting a painter who works for Dean. He was quoted 2000 for a simple design. After hearing that, I was kind of pissed to think that I was undercharging, or he was simply gouging. But in the end, I was relieved to come back to my basic guideline of what I would be willing to pay. 2000 wasn't it. I will get that much to paint entire bikes at times. But if this guy is getting that much, more power to him.
                            Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                            http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Man, I can see your point on that Mike. I mean your work is absolutley world class top quality, but some of those dealers are trying to retire off those guitars. The prices that you do direct work for are reasonable prices, but some of those guys that have your gutiars listed on the net are a bit in the stratosphere. some dealers are more realisitc with the pricing though. all the JCF dealers are good. But I think if I were jonesin for a custom one off graphic job, I would run out and buy a really damn nice used soloist, or even a new one in a "donor" color such as black or white, and then send it to you to let you do your magic. that would be the most cost effective way to own a great custom graphic guitar.

Comment

When I said the "$4500.00" thing, I was meaning if you went through the Custom Shop and specified a graphic like this. I realize that a paint job wouldn't push it anywhere near that unless the guitar itself was $3800.00 or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X