Value of used USA Selects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of used USA Selects?

Hey, I know i'm not a platinum member, so if I'm not allowed to post this, sorry, I'll remove it. My question basically revolves around my KV2 that I need to sell to pay for my income taxes. They were way higher then I thought they would be so it has to go.

I can't really find any used ones on ebay , or i'd just look there to compare. mine's snow white, only played a few times, and is in mint condition other then a small chip out of the paint near the bridge on one of the wings (just TOUCHED it on my friend's drum set. not sure what happened there.) and the white paint started to turn yellow in the spots where my leather strap touched it. I actually feel pretty disappointed in jackson for this, as the little manual that came with the guitar said styrofoam could stain the finish, but it didn't say anything about leather, and the same strap didn't hurt my olympic white stratocaster at all. this happen to anyone else???!??

anyway, what would be a decent price I can expect to get on ebay? I paid 2300+taxes canadian brand new about a year ago.

Well, just wait for the offers to start rolling into your Private Message box and you'll find out how much it is worth.

I'd say about $1400 USD is as high as you're going to get. Might not sell it for that. :dunno:

Comment

.. or check ebay, watch some listings til they end. That should help.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

hmmmm

See sig!
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Grahf View Post
          I paid 2300+taxes canadian brand new about a year ago.
          Seems like you paid pretty high, too. Depending on condition, I'd say around $1100.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
            hmmmm

See sig!
            That's your sig line? I'm honored!

Grahf, I PMed ya.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ouch dude, they stuck it to you good. I am w/Jazz on this one 1400 at best, good luck with a sale.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                That's your sig line? I'm honored!
                My other idea for my sig was "PM RacerX for the value of your guitar",
                but I doubt you'd like your messagebox flooded
                "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                  My other idea for my sig was "PM RacerX for the value of your guitar"
                  Models
                  The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
                  I dont need furniture.
                  If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
                  If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
                  And rock that sucker.

Comment

I say $1400 at least, not at best. White KV2s aren't exactly plentiful on the used market, and new ones are holding steady at near-MSRP. White with Black bevels would probably bring more, and Black with White bevels would probably top out near MSRP. Granted it's got wing damage, but rarity alone should keep it at $1400 minimum. Mint I'd say about $1600.

Whatever you do, though, get as much out of it as you can. If the economy is good enough for people to buy luxury items, then it's good enough for them to pay full value (i.e. at least half the retail - not MSRP, but what stores are actually selling them for, and not "bro deals" or Musician's Friend, either).
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Let me sell it for you, as many of you know, I'm MIRACLE MAN when it comes to sales.
                      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                      Gotta get away from here.
                      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

He has a point there!
                        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

this would be the sister to my rr1 White with black bevels..mint condish!
                          i dont know why i even bought it...i think it was just sexy..i have played her like 4 times since i bought her new..never leaves the case..
                          i think i payed some where around 2,3xx the white added like 3-4 hundred
                          i'd probably be happy to get 1,400
                          this is just how it goes

sad but true
                          our eco. sux right now...which is good for buying
                          but bad for selling

Comment

Working...
                          X