NGD Adrian Smith signature guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kamelot101 View Post
    The hole for the dot was never drilled, it is smooth wood where the dot should be. And it does bug the shit out of me that it is missing. this guitar sells for $2000, and even though I'm getting a very good deal on this I expect nothing less than perfection.
    I'd send it back, too. Until I saw your pic, I was like "Meh." But seeing it...that would annoy the hell out of me.

Comment

I got my replacement Adrian Smith guitar last night, and it looked good. Plugged it in and started tuning but was having trouble tuning, like the tuner wasn't getting any sound from the guitar. I then turned on my amp and started playing and got nothing but static and a weak clean sound instead of ass kicking dimarzio super distortion through a soldano high gain. It appears there is something wrong with the pick up because the single coils sound fine. Also one of the latches on the case came pushed through the plastic of the case and it won't latch. Why can't I just get a guitar with no issues?

Comment

Bummer man. Hope you get everything straightened out soon, I'd probably smash the guitar over someones face if I went through all that bologna.

Comment

I got my replacement Adrian Smith guitar last night, and it looked good. Plugged it in and started tuning but was having trouble tuning, like the tuner wasn't getting any sound from the guitar. I then turned on my amp and started playing and got nothing but static and a weak clean sound instead of ass kicking dimarzio super distortion through a soldano high gain. It appears there is something wrong with the pick up because the single coils sound fine. Also one of the latches on the case came pushed through the plastic of the case and it won't latch. Why can't I just get a guitar with no issues?
          That sucks dude!! I just got mine yesterday "used" (because it had a scratch on the case) from MF and it's perfect, original strings and plactic still on the pick-guard. (just asking questions about the trem height) I,m not rubbing it in, but I would pissed if I were you.........
          "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

I returned the guitar saturday and they are overnighting another one today.
            Do you guys know if guitar center and musicians friend are the same company? because that's where I'm getting the guitars from even though I'm buying it through guitar center.

Comment

They forgot to install one dot inlay?
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I returned the guitar saturday and they are overnighting another one today.
                Do you guys know if guitar center and musicians friend are the same company? because that's where I'm getting the guitars from even though I'm buying it through guitar center.
                Yes, they are part of the same company. So is Music 123.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Its a good thing you took it back for a replacement. Its crazy to get another guitar that has issues instead of one that was returned because it had issues in the first place, shouldn't they check the replacement BEFORE they send it to you to make sure that everything is ok? why wait until maby the 20th guitar that you get would be fine, if it was my store I'd check it to make sure the replacement guitar is perfect, or at least have someone look at it before its being delivered.

Comment

Wow, what's with all the shoddy AS models? I had to send one back myself...it had a large discolored spot on the front of the body, plus a bunch of dents on the back of the neck. It was my understanding that when they came out with them, they were going to be made on a 'per order' basis by the custom shop guys, but when I ordered mine, they had just started making batches of them. I wonder if that's why the guys that got theirs right when they came out got top-notch instruments, and there been a rash of problems since then. I understand demand might be higher than they anticipated, but seems like QC fell by the wayside.

Comment

unfuckingbelieveable! The third guitar they overnighted me is the first guitar I sent back! Still missing the side fret marker. I think I'm just gonna ask for a refund and let them lose on all the shipping.

Comment

That's the ticket. Take your money to a reputable dealer.
                        -------------------------
                        Blank yo!

Comment

Damn. I would take it back and break it over their heads.

unfuckingbelieveable! The third guitar they overnighted me is the first guitar I sent back! Still missing the side fret marker. I think I'm just gonna ask for a refund and let them lose on all the shipping.

Comment

Wait a minute... So they got a guitar with a missing side marker dot back on return, and PUT IT BACK IN THE "IN STOCK" PILE? :think:

Comment

Yikes, I just read everything. Now I'm glad I don't buy stuff from GC/MF/123, unless it's guitar picks and string...maybe a strap or two. Sorry to hear about your frustrations but I think it was just not to be. Hold on to your money for a week or two because something better is going to be coming your way.

joe...
                              www.godwentpunk.com
                              www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
                                WTF!!! There have been way too many slip ups lately at the Jackson plant. This is one of the reasons I decided not to get in on the limited edition white ghost flame SL run.

I know you are not suppose to disciminate, but Stevie Wonder should not be employed as Jackson's Head Asthetics QC inspector.

I have to admit... I'm a little antsy about that (the WGF/RHS Soloist run) and I hope everything turns out better than expected... Which is not perfect, but not a pile of shit, either.

They did manage to get me a couple of nice SL2H's so SOMEONE there is still building them right, hopefully someone got a good ass-reaming over that, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X