Question from a JFC newb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question from a JFC newb

Hey Guys, I am new to the forum. Yesterday I got an 09 Bengal USA Select RR1. Man, is it sweet!!! I am in love already. I can already tell she will be with me a long time. The question I have is about my 93 USA Pile O'Skulls. Is it technically called an SL1, SL2, a Soloist, or is it just called a USA bolt on? I have had it a while and it never bothered me, but since I have been coming to the forum it made me wonder. You guys seem to know your stuff. I'm a long time member of Jemsite, but gave up on the Jems quite a while ago.. I appreciate the help and I am looking forward to being a part of the forum...Thanks..

Sorry, I meant to say JCF in the title. I am on my first cup of coffee...
    Last edited by moaugusta; 04-01-2010, 08:37 AM.

Sounds like a DK1 if it's a USA bolt on.

Comment

Sorry, I'm a little confused.

Is the pile of skulls bolt-on or neck thru construction?

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies guys. It is a bolt on.

Comment

Then it's a Dinky... Or as the numbers guys like to call them DK1.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Thanks again guys. I appreciate it.
            Last edited by moaugusta; 04-01-2010, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Comment

To continue the running gag....

$400.
                Scott

Comment

It's not a DK1. Jackson's naming convention did not include numbers until 1996.
                  In 1993, it was officially named the Dinky Custom model.

Older USA Dinkies can get pretty high, depending on condition. There wasn't a Pro Series model that compared to it (the XL didn't have an ebony board like other Pro Series models). I've seen them sell for close to $1200 on Ebay at times.
                  Last edited by Newc; 04-01-2010, 10:04 AM.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Pile 'O Skulls DK1 from '93?

Hard to tell without a pic, I'll say $1100 if "7/10" means it's pretty nice but used, and $700 if "7/10" means it's beat up and needs some work.

See you on Ebay!

Comment

In all seriousness thank you guys for all the info. I really do appreciate it!
                      Last edited by moaugusta; 04-01-2010, 10:51 AM.

Comment

In the future Mo, these types of threads are usually interpreted as "for sale" ads, especially when it's the first post by a user. Those are strictly against the rules. Depending on who replies you may get the info you need or you may get flamed for not reading the rules.
                        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                          In the future Mo, these types of threads are usually interpreted as "for sale" ads, especially when it's the first post by a user. Those are strictly against the rules. Depending on who replies you may get the info you need or you may get flamed for not reading the rules.

Hey Spiv, Yea, I figured it might look like that. Sorry if it does. That is absolutely not my intenton. I can delete these posts if you guys want.
                          I was an everyday member of Jemsite for years and really knew my stuff about any Ibanez made. I was asking these questions because I know there will be no better place to get real answers except from the forum guys. I don't know much about the Jacksons except that I like them a hell of a lot better than the Ibanezs that I have had. They are close, but I give Jackson the edge. I have been to this site many times, but decided to join when I got my new RR1. I knew I should have stuck to the original question..
                          They are real questions I was asking. I wasn't fishing for offers at all.

Let me know if I should yank this thread. I'll do it, no problem.

Thanks and sorry guys........mo
                          Last edited by moaugusta; 04-01-2010, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by moaugusta View Post
                            Hey Spiv, Yea, I figured it might look like that. Sorry if it does. That is absolutely not my intenton. I can delete these posts if you guys want.
                            I was an everyday member of Jemsite for years and really knew my stuff about any Ibanez made. I was asking these questions because I know there will be no better place to get real answers except from the forum guys. I don't know much about the Jacksons except that I like them a hell of a lot better than the Ibanezs that I have had. They are close, but I give Jackson the edge. I have been to this site many times, but decided to join when I got my new RR1. I knew I should have stuck to the original question..
                            They are real questions I was asking. I wasn't fishing for offers at all.

Let me know if I should yank this thread. I'll do it, no problem.

Thanks and sorry guys........mo

deleted my second question..
                            sorry...should have known better...I'm an old man, not a 15 year old..lol
                            Last edited by moaugusta; 04-01-2010, 03:14 PM.

Comment

No worries.
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X