'96 KE1 trans black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '96 KE1 trans black

Here’s another example of when I’m not looking for a guitar, I find something. Or rather in this case, it finds me. Last weekend I get an email from a friend letting me know that there is a Kelly KE1 for sale near me. Since I don’t see too many USA Jacksons (or Charvels) come up for sale by me, I figured it would be gone before I got near it. So I trade emails with the seller and found out it was still available and that the seller is about 15 minutes from my office. I end up stopping in after work one night to check it out and I was surprised at how nice it was, especially since the seller said he used to gig with it.

Needless to say, the Kelly came home with me. It’s been sitting in the case for awhile as the seller has moved on to playing more Gibsons and Fenders. Lucky for me as this is a great Kelly. I’ve been saying that I wanted another Kelly but I always figured I would pick up a KE2 at some point. I would have never thought I would find a KE1, let alone so close to where live.

I cleaned up the bridge, polished the frets and oiled the fingerboard this weekend. It looks great and plays awesome. I’m actually surprised with the Kahler since I’ve never had a fixed bridge like this before. Here’s a few pics (sorry for the poor lighting).

And here’s a group shot of the KE1 with my KE1T. The lighting was difficult to capture the quilts on both of them but you get the idea.

Sweet axe,I'm a sucker for Kelly's
    BLS/SDMF

Comment

Looks great. Same thing happened to me with my '96 KE1F. The wife and I were out doing some shopping and happened to go to a store in the same parking lot as my local guitar center. Bored from shoe shopping, I stumbled in and found it on the used rack.

This brings another question to mind, how many different variations of the KE1 were being made in '96?
      Jackson USA guitars
      BC Rich guitars

Diezel Herbert
      Diezel VH4
      Framus Cobra
      VHT UL
      Mesa Rectifiers rev C, F, triple F
      Mesa MK3
      Bogner rev 2 Uber

Comment

Here's the catalog page from the '97 Jackson catalog. They were making the KE1 and KE1F back in 96 and 97. The KE1T didn't come around until 1999 and then the KE2T came out in 2000. The KE2 was introduced after that I believe. I'm sure some others can confirm or correct me on the models and timing.

Comment

That's a sweet guitar! Actually both are sweet!

Comment

Very nice. I'm still waiting for mine....someday.....

Comment

Would you mind telling us how much?

Comment

Congrats that's the guitar I want in my collection

Comment

That is a fixed bridge? What is the point of a fixed Kahler?
                  Jackson USA guitars
                  BC Rich guitars

Diezel Herbert
                  Diezel VH4
                  Framus Cobra
                  VHT UL
                  Mesa Rectifiers rev C, F, triple F
                  Mesa MK3
                  Bogner rev 2 Uber

Comment

Does anybody know when the first Kelly was built?

Comment

Oh, and those sure are nice guitars!

Comment

Nice. I've been wanting one of the trans-black KE1s for a while now.

Comment

Congrats! Those are both nice looking Kelly's!
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by RJF View Post
                            That is a fixed bridge? What is the point of a fixed Kahler?
                            Fine tuners Thats how Marty Friedman had his Kellys too.
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

that's totally beautiful, Johnnyryche
                              Mayzan
                              Webmaster Of www.MartyFriedman.com & www.7-string.com
                              My website: www.mayzan.com

Comment

Working...
                              X