Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont know ?!?!?!?

Hi there,
    I am new here and I hope somebody can help me.
    Somebody has offered me a Jackson guitar but I am not sure if its any good as I am having trouble identifying it. I have not seen it and I have no pictures, all I know is that is has got a lightening graphic ( lightening sky ? ) and it is a full bodied guitar i.e not a flying V etc. As far as I can find out I think its a dinky but I am just clutching at straws, does anybody have any ideas?
    Cheers !!!!

That's not enough info of that guitar..
    Gear currently owned:

Ibanez RG3120TW '02, Ibanez Roadstar 440P, Samick valley arts custom pro bass, Charvel model 5
    Line 6 Pod x3 live, diy Madamp M15mk1

Comment

Not only guitar info but comedy as well, I love this site !!!

Comment

A Dinky = Bolt-on smaller body than Strat
        A Soloist = neck thru body

Find out (besides if it's a bolt on or neck thru) if it has 22 or 24 frets, what kind of trem (try to get specific - Floyd doesn't cut it - what type of Floyd), an s/n might be good.

Comment

Cheers DonP, thats some good info. Im off to see it tomorrow and I reckon I can get it for a couple of hundred euro's so either way it's probably worth it. Ill post some pics and then I am sure people will know what it is straight away.

Comment

And it's Lightning Sky, not Lightening Sky. Lightning is those bolts of electricity you see in storms. Lightening is getting lighter in color.

If that was the case, it would be a Sunrise or Dawn Sky graphic.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              And it's Lightning Sky, not Lightening Sky. Lightning is those bolts of electricity you see in storms. Lightening is getting lighter in color.

Ron would be proud of you Matt!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post

Covering for Ron these days Newc?
                Gear

Jackson DXMG
                Jackson JS30RR
                Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                Blackstar HT5H
                Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                Marshall JCM 800 2203
                Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Mazz View Post
                  Covering for Ron these days Newc?
                  Just the light work

Comment

Originally posted by progathon View Post
                    Hi there,
                    I am new here and I hope somebody can help me.
                    Somebody has offered me a Jackson guitar but I am not sure if its any good as I am having trouble identifying it. I have not seen it and I have no pictures, all I know is that is has got a lightening graphic ( lightening sky ? ) and it is a full bodied guitar i.e not a flying V etc. As far as I can find out I think its a dinky but I am just clutching at straws, does anybody have any ideas?
                    Cheers !!!!
                    Your guitar is a 1991 Fusion PRO. See ya in the Classifieds!

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

$400?

Comment

probably
                        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

In reply to newc; its pretty clear that I dont know what I am talking about, hence my asking here for some help but if your idea of help is being smug about what you know then good for you. Of course I know the difference between lightening and lightning. If somebody tells me its called lightening sky how should I know the difference ? I am glad my question made you feel good about yourself, some self confidence issues maybe ??

Comment

Post up some pics before you buy it. It could be a great deal, but there are plenty of low end models that fit the description you've posted.

Comment

Originally posted by progathon View Post
                              I am glad my question made you feel good about yourself, some self confidence issues maybe ??
                              :ROTF:

Yes, we are the "Island of Lost Toys" here.

Lighten up and hang out for a while.
                              Most everyone is cool, and there is a world
                              of knowledge here.

Comment

Working...
                              X