DR2 info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR2 info

I did a search on the forum and nothing came up.
    Any info on these would be appreciated.
    The one I am looking at is dark red, ebony board with no markers. Looks like a chrome jt-580.
    Any opinions good or bad. What do these go for? I know $400.00!!!
    The one I am looking at is priced at $600.00 firm.

Thanks.

Kevin

Last edited by wilkinsi; 04-20-2010, 06:24 PM. Reason: Mis-read
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Sounds like one of those SL2's, right? Soloist with the cheapo bridge and no inlays?
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/msg/1695999037.html

Comment

Henriks' site had the DR2 USA in the '97 catalog.

Comment

I think $600 is a good price for a USA made Dinky. They were a budget model with import hardware, but it seems like the pickups have been upgraded from the Armstrongs to a Duncan and DiMarzio. An OFR will fit in place of the JT-580LP if you ever want to upgrade.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I liked the purple burst one I had but I'm not sure about $600. I bought mine at Guitar Center after they had it on their wall at $500 for months and then finally dropped it to $350.

Comment

It's a little high for what these have gone for. I paid 400 plus tax last year for one that has some fretwear, and some bad chipping on the back.
                seems like the pickups have been upgraded from the Armstrongs to a Duncan and DiMarzio
                They came with american made seymour duncans, so it's just a swap not an upgrade.
                Great guitars!

Comment

I got mine new "back in the day" for right around $600 as I recall. It came stock with Duncans (Screamin' Demon/Jazz). Yup, the DR2 had different pickups from the rest of the series.

Budget model or not, that guitar has been great. Mine is blue satin (matte) over ash, and I replaced the Screamin' Demon with a Full Shred for a tighter rhythm tone. I liked it so much that I've made a point to buy more satin-over-ash models. But even for an alder/poplar version, I wouldn't hesitate to pay $600.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info guys! I decided to pass on it and hold out for a nt.

Comment

Working...
                    X