1987 Jackson Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 Jackson Strat

What is the consensus on this guitar. Is it worth $1050?

i think that one is going to require a specific buyer because of the graphic...i never cared for it myself...is it a nice guitar?...absolutely...but for that price i'd want something more in line with my taste in looks...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I owned it for about a year. It's NOT a 1987, it's an '89. Bought it from Ted in Atlanta for $500. Sold it to metalheadva on eBay for $750. Chris recently bought it from metalheadva and wants over a grand. Not good in the tone department, which is why I sold it. In the looks department it was virtually mint when I had it. Playability is fine too, no problems, just a damn tone dog. My name and address are likely still taped to the inside of the control cavity cover and trem cavity cover.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Thanks so much for the info

Comment

I'm gonna buy it and I'm gonna find you.

Comment

I was following this one on Ebay (it was on for quite a while). it was well under a grand last time I checked.
            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Take his advice on it being a tone dog... I owned a Charvel 750 that he previously did, and could never get it to sound good and I tried every pup. Once I posted the serial, he posted up that it was his and he sold it cause it sounded horrible. So yeah, probably a good idea to stear clear of this one.
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Come on, Algeriet. Just beware of my Dobermans and 12 gauge! Yeah, no lie fellows, it was a cool guitar, but I just couldn't get it to sound right. Stayed in tune, played great, quality all around, but no tone, it was a dull sounding guitar.

Comment

Like any Jackson strat, I would think that south of $800 is the proper price.
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                    Like any Jackson strat, I would think that south of $800 is the proper price.
                    yeah I think $400 sounds about right.
                    I like EL34s.

Comment

I took it off hold, Thanks again for the info

Comment

Yup I recall that one being on the bay for $900 or so forevah. These are usually great guitars, and I own four of them. I'm glad I passed on this one!

Comment

It was on Ebay about the first of March. I watched it. The seller just kept relisting. He would not take an offer. He said it was already priced to low. It sold on April 4th for $799.

Comment

I'm happy with the 87/88's that I have. KABLAAAAMMM!!! JACKSON STRAT PR0NZZZ!

Comment

Letting the kid play 'er

Yeah, Chris bought it for $799. I just let the kid use it:

Comment

Working...
                              X