No announcement yet.

Limited floyd pull-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a big issue? I've always noticed some do and some don't have neck angles. My rr definitely doesn't.

Comment

Do you have a floyd pull-up problem too?

Comment

With a recessed trem, the neck should be flat and have no neck angle (or very little) so the trem sits close to the body.

You need the neck to be angled back for a guitar with a non-recessed trem so it'll put the trem higher off the body so the strings won't fret out.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Daaaamn look how the fretboard is LEVEL with the pup rings! Thats just rediculous. Either the body wings are set on the neck blank too high or theres no neck angle, but thats definetly a defectice axe. Christ, you cant even have the pups sticking up at all.
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Looks like the neck is actually angled forward.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

There should be no neck angle....
              I like EL34s.

Comment

Yeah, it is pretty low. It plays just fine which is the wierd thing, the action gets perfectly low without touching the picking up rings. Im not the original owner, but is this still under warranty?

Comment

Can we get a neck profile shot? That may help with this argument.
                  I like EL34s.

Comment

So the seller never mentioned this issue?

Man, i'd go apeshit on his ass.
                    I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Looks like the neck is actually angled forward.
                      Dont forget I took this pic without the strings on. so that "angle" might just be the neck bending forward.
                      Nah I bought it off GC online used. Im really happy with it the playability is just fine. its just the pull-up clearance that bugs me

Comment

ok I took more pics of the neck. The binding gets cut shorter as it gets to the body I noticed...maybe it is angled forward? I seen the same issue on another Pablo Santasa built NAMM soloist where the fretboard got noticably thinner as you go up the neck.

Comment

Could you guys be more specific in what this "obvious" defect is? I have 4 soloists ranging from 91-2007 and I don't see anything "obviously" different from mine as far as the neck goes. If the neck angle is just the angle that the neck meets the body, all of mine look the same as the ones pictured. All of them have recessed tremelos.

If it's something you need a micrometer to check, that's one thing. But I don't see anything "obvious."
                          I only need one more guitar.

Comment

That looks fine, Im confused as to why you have limited pull up.
                            I like EL34s.

Comment

Because the bridge is placed too much front. The sustain block hits the edge or the trem route too soon. There is nothing else wrong on that guitar.

Comment

nah it cant be that, yesterday during the string change I was pivoting the floyd on the studs with my hand without strings attached checking where it was making contact with the body. The place where it makes contact first is the base plate with the body cavity near the treble-side pivot stud.

Comment

Working...
                                X