Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my first Jackson guitar today (Sl2h-mah)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my first Jackson guitar today (Sl2h-mah)

So a few months back I decided to seel my gibson les paul because.... well.... you live once hence I figured I should try out some other hot guitars. I wanted a guitar that had everything, killer sound, playability, looks, and versatility. Love stratocasters and love Les Pauls = Soloist sort of, right?

Anyhow, got it from UPS today. It is a trans black guitar I bought used (got it for $1000, you believe that) and the reciept from the guy I bought it states he payed on Feb, 2009 at a local guitar store. He is the first owner and it got shipped from jackson to the store he bought it. Serial number is U20908. Could somebody help me with finding out when this baby was made? I would appreciate it.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...5/DSC02777.jpg
    http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...5/DSC02776.jpg

Finally, I fell in love with the Natural finish guitar but could only find this one for sale in all of US (ebay, craigslist). My first guitar (MIJ fender strat) is in natural finish as well and I love it to death. The soloist came with a Tremol-No, which is not bad I guess in case you want to use drop tuning or just not worry about the cons with Floyd's. Not planing on using it anytime soon 'cause I love that Floyd. However, after seeing this guitar in person and looking at it for hours (I never spent this much time looking at a guitar and going "wooooow!") I sort of don't want the Natural finish one, considering I have to wait 6+ months to get it!! Pictures are above, what do you guys think??

I will probably upload a lot more pictures sometime just so people can see it from any angle possible. I was shocked how few pictures there were available for such a beautiful guitar, especially in colors that are not the natural finish.

PS: My first post!!

You lucky bastard. That's the last guitar I really want to buy. I have a trans black SL2H (looks identical) in alder.

Tell you what, order the one you want, don't ding this one, in 6 months when it's ready, give me a ring and I'll give you what you paid for this one. Deal?
    I only need one more guitar.

Comment

^ I know man, I feel very lucky with this one. I honestly don't think I can part with this because I am diggin' the trans black more and more everytime I play it. Jackson is also coming to town at a local guitar store for a "Jackson clinic" and am thinking of taking over there to put on some 10's and make sure everything else is fine with the set up. The neck pick up is a bit loose and sits in the guitar a bit crooked.

Anyhow, do you have any pictures of your trans black Sl2h in alder? Would love to see them.

Comment

Yours looks just like a regular alder model, so it'll only sound different if it is indeed the MAH version. Did it not come with a handtag in the case?

Trans Black is good. I have a WR1 in that, though I swapped the chrome for black hardware.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Sure, here's a picture...but like I said it looks pretty much identical.

And I agree, trans black is my favorite finish. The only other finish I'd like to get is trans Cabo, but that's discontinued.

Comment

My guitar didn't come with the jackson inspection tag, however, it did come with the reciept the guy before me purchased it with. I also had him show me the back cavity as well so you can definately see it is Mahagony. I was also thinking of maybe slapping some black hardware on it but it looks really good with the chrome in person, except the output jack for the guitar cable. I might change that to the black hardware.

Anyhow, being new to the forum, where can I get an answer on the serial number?

UPDATE: Just called Ed from Jackson support, It was shipped out in February 2009 and is a Sl2h-Mah. Man, I love this guitar... Anybody know any good treads with pictures of the natural finish ones?
            Last edited by Mgizzle; 04-23-2010, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Recent serial, just call it a 2008. Great score!
              Last edited by RacerX; 04-23-2010, 05:31 PM.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

My Rhoads is U21528 and it's a 2008... :think:
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

When I talked to Ed he mentioned that Jackson was building it late 2008 (maybe when the serial was pulled) but it was shipped to the customer that ordered it in February 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Forrest View Post
                    That's the last guitar I really want to buy.
                    Haha that made me chuckle

Very nice guitar Mgizzle. Trans black is among my fave finishes ever.
                    My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivion99 View Post
                      Haha that made me chuckle

Very nice guitar Mgizzle. Trans black is among my fave finishes ever.
                      I guess I'm as transparent as that finish. But it's the last one on my current list.

Comment

Haha it's all good bro, I know exactly what you mean with that. I say that to myself every time I want to buy a guitar. Just never quite works out that way does it?
                        My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Comment

Originally posted by Mgizzle View Post
                          Anybody know any good treads with pictures of the natural finish ones?
                          Don't know about a thread but here is my Natural SL2H-MAH

Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

damn! That's a nice top!

I love my MAH.

Its natural too, but flamed.
                            I like EL34s.

Comment

Do you guys mind weighing your guitars for me?
                              Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X