Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my first Jackson guitar today (Sl2h-mah)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forrest View Post
    Do you guys mind weighing your guitars for me?
    Thanks!
    O.K. I got my scale out and weighed a few guitars including my SL2H-MAH This scale is much more accurate than a bathroom scale for the ranges of weights guitars fall in. It measures in grams so our fellow JCFers across the pond and Canada will be happy. To convert to pounds I believe you would need to divide the weights I post by 454 if I remember my conversion factor correctly (1 lb= 454 g). Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this. Also, I need some kind of device to hold the guitar upright on the scale rather than laying it down but thats the only way I can do it at the moment. Anyway, I weighed the guitars without the Floyd Rose trem arm attached so you would need to add 44.5g for the arm to each weight. Don't you just love it here? you can learn all kinds of trivial info!

Floyd Rose Trem Arm 44.5g

PC-1 Purple Daze 4091.6g

SL2H Blue Bengal 3589.4g

SL2H with unfinished neck and Dimarzios (Limited Run) 3716.9g

SL2H-MAH 4155.3g

And finally here is a hefty one! One of my Les Pauls which is perhaps the heaviest I've picked up, I don't think this is representative of most Les Pauls but check out the weight on this one! 5581.6g

Last edited by roodyrocker; 05-02-2010, 04:57 PM.
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Thanks Rudy!
      I only need one more guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Forrest View Post
        Thanks Rudy!
        You're welcome. Now I'm curious to weigh all my other guitars when I get some time. I have an all maple Soloist as well as different RR's including some San Dimas era ones which were poplar. Interesting to see what the weight differences are although I'm not sure the actual numbers really mean a whole lot as far as tone, sustain, etc...
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

wow, that Les Paul is a tank

Comment

Melikey the Magenta Burst with gold hardware.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Submariner View Post
              wow, that Les Paul is a tank
              Yes it is but I don't mind heavy guitars and its not uncomfortable so I'm o.k. with it. If its too heavy you just get a bigger guitar strap and shred away
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                Melikey the Magenta Burst with gold hardware.
                Thank you. That was part of a limited edition run of 12. Its a great playing and sounding Soloist! I love purple so I had to have one when Scott announced on here that he was having this run done
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                  Thank you. That was part of a limited edition run of 12. Its a great playing and sounding Soloist! I love purple so I had to have one when Scott announced on here that he was having this run done
                  Do you have any pictures of your natural MAH showing the back of the headstock?? It seems that they use a different piece of wood for the head then they do for the neck.... never knew that until seeing some other pictures. Also, can you take a picture of the side of your guitar just to see the transition of the maple and the mahagony? Tx!!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    Recent serial, just call it a 2008. Great score!
                    Ron is correct, it's a 2008 production. I've got a few on my list that are within a couple hundred of that serial #. My best guess from the ones I have would be around May 2008, give or take a little.

Comment

And finally here is a hefty one! One of my Les Pauls which is perhaps the heaviest I've picked up, I don't think this is representative of most Les Pauls but check out the weight on this one! 5581.6g
                      12 pounds sounds about right for an old Les Paul. These bullshit new ones, I picked up a Studio at a guitar store and I almost launched it through he ceiling it was so light.

I have a 2H Strat that weighs over 9 pounds (Ash body, Pao Ferro neck) and you notice it vs. a "typical" Strat but it's still NOTHING compared to a good old Les Paul.

Comment

Don't know about a thread but here is my Natural SL2H-MAH

WOW, where do you find a SL2H-MAH with a quilt top?? I want to buy one..

Comment

Originally posted by Acesofbelkan View Post
                          It's a standard model... SL2H-MAHQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Mgizzle View Post
                            Do you have any pictures of your natural MAH showing the back of the headstock?? It seems that they use a different piece of wood for the head then they do for the neck.... never knew that until seeing some other pictures. Also, can you take a picture of the side of your guitar just to see the transition of the maple and the mahagony? Tx!!
                            No problem, I'll take a couple shots of the back of it for you at some point this week. In fact I have to look through my pix and see if I already took some, I can't remember anymore.
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Acesofbelkan View Post
                              Yep, its a standard SL2H-MAH. I found it new on E-Bay. In fact at the time there were two different sellers with natural SL2H-MAH Soloists for sale on E-Bay new.
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Yeah Im searching but no SL2H-MAHQ for sale yet. Hopefully soon, this is like the only guitar my girlfriend would actually appreciate me buying lol I know how some wives HATE men and their G.A.S.

Comment

Working...
                                X