Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nut Size on SL2H

Hey,

Quick question, I am about to order a Floyd for a Frankie Project and wanted to get the nut the same as my Soloist.

Can someone tell me what is the Stand Nut Size on the Soloist? R3?

Thanks in Advance for your help.

FMU, It should be 11/16", although I'm not too sure.

So either Nut 3, Nut 4, 8, 9 or 10

Nut 9 has a 15" radius, so depending on your fingerboard radius you should take this into account. (10" is standard, although Jacksons are 12 and 16 so im pretty confused.)
    I like EL34s.

Comment

Thanks Grim, now I'm confused too ???

I plan on getting the neck from Musikcraft. They sell a Customer Frankie Neck with Tele Squared Heel in Birdseye Maple. The radius will be 10-16 with a nut width of 1-11/16. I think it's R3?

Comment

I was going by the Floyd nuts

If the fingerboard radius is 10-16, then a width of 11/16 and a 10" Radius will work.
        I like EL34s.

Comment

R3

Comment

Originally posted by Radiohead View Post
            wanted to get the nut the same as my Soloist.
            You want to know for sure? Take it off and see for yourself. You'll never be 100% sure unless you do.

Comment

I thought all floyded Jacksons take R3 nuts. The WR1 does, so I thought the SL2H/SL1 would too.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Yeah, Jackson uses R3, but what does the Musikraft neck need? Just because you dig the nut width on your Soloist doesn't mean it will naturally match the new neck even with that nut size...
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                  Yeah, Jackson uses R3, but what does the Musikraft neck need? Just because you dig the nut width on your Soloist doesn't mean it will naturally match the new neck even with that nut size...
                  This is true.
                  I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
                  X