Used PC-1 prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used PC-1 prices

Is it entirely unrealistic to think I can wait on a used PC1 and find a 'still-stock' one for a grand? Are they ever that inexpensive?
    Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

You rarely see them go used for under 1,300. Maybe an older sears-style headstock will go for a bit less, but it is highly unlikely you'll ever nab one in good condition for under a grand.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

fair enough

Comment

I've only played two, are the necks all the same big feeling size? The two I played were much fatter than the Soloists I've owned.

Comment

I played one they had used at Sam Ash, and the neck was CHUNKY... too chunky for me to buy unfortunatley. I think thats pretty much how they are.
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Yeah, the necks are big on the PC1 - one of the reasons I sold mine.
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

It sucks because I REALLY wanted a Chlorine one. But I know that even if I got one, it would pretty much just hang on the wall looking pretty cause fat necks and me just dont mix. Same reason I barely touch my SoCal.
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Yeah, a PC1 was my dream guitar for years, but the neck just killed the guitar for me. I had some issues with the tone and the realibility of the Sustainer, but I'd have kept the guitar and gutted the electronics if I'd liked the neck. Hey ho...

Comment

i sold my euphoria PC-1 with a sears headstock for 1600 in one day. the necks are thick, but amazingly comfortable once you get used to them. i still use a solar PC-1 as my number 1 stage guitar.
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                    i sold my euphoria PC-1 with a sears headstock for 1600 in one day. the necks are thick, but amazingly comfortable once you get used to them. i still use a solar PC-1 as my number 1 stage guitar.
                    That Euphoria is one amazing guitar and is as we speak my number one PC1 despite the fact that I own a few other PC1's

Rest assured that after a long ebay inspired journey it has found a very good home.

PS. I never did get anthing other than the stock Super 3 BTW

My 5 year old girl thinks its a Hannah Montana guitar as well! LOL!

Comment

Not the biggest PC1 fan here. What are we paying all the extra money for? The sustainer? (A gimmick?)
                      I've seen PC1s as low as $1,200 used. I think with patience you should be able to find one for a reasonable price. Obviously, surf the bay constantly and Craig's List as well.

@Robb, I'll take that So-Cal off your hands for ya! I love mine (want a San-Dimas now!)
                      I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                        Not the biggest PC1 fan here. What are we paying all the extra money for? The sustainer? (A gimmick?)
                        Me either as I said above, but I don't think the price is unreasonable - generally they have really good (quilt) tops, there's a flame board, gold hardware and then yes, the sustainer. But consider what the alternatives with similar specs are, and what those cost...

Comment

Even without the sustainer unit, the PC1 is easily considered to be one of the best if not the best bolt on Jackson makes and easily rivals Suhr and other high end guitars.

Do not be too quick to knock the sustainer unit until you have had a chance to really play with it. Like a good chorus or delay pedal it can be an "over the top" effect if abused or if used properly a great addition to your tone and playing.

Comment

cool!! i miss it a lot. regarding the super 3 - you bought the euphoria off the guy who bought it off of me. i sold with a zebra coil PAF pro in the bridge. sorry, man!!

hannah montana guitar....awesome!!!!
                            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I've sold off several PC1s over the past few years. They've all gone in the $1,300 to $1,600-ish range, both quasi-strat and newer stratheads. Since getting my limited-run chlorine, it's blown away all the others, so I only want/need this one now.

Most specs on the PC1 are an upgrade as compared to "standard" Jackson USA Selects, so that's why these typically sell at a premium vs most Jacksons - both new and used. Mahogany body, quilt-top, strathead, flamed fretboard, sustainer, gold hardware.

As to the necks, I love them. No difficulty adjusting to them and, IMHO, they also beef up the tone somewhat by resonating more. And all that is coming from a guy who was previously a die-hard thin neck lover. I now love both neck styles - variety is the spice of life.

Comment

Working...
                              X