SL2H vs SL2H-MAH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL2H vs SL2H-MAH

I've been lusting after a SL2H-MAH. I'd be interested to hear thoughts on the sound difference from someone who has both an SL2H in alder and an MAH.

Also, what's the weight difference? I was unable to find the weight info for either model on Jackson's webpage. It may be one of the only ways to make sure it's an MAH besides having a receipt, since they look identical.
    I only need one more guitar.

I don't know the exact answers for you yet but I will soon I have an SL2H-MAH as well as Alder Soloists but I have not gigged out with the MAH one yet. In fact I've played it through my Soldano SLO amp only so far. I plan on a string change and tuning it to Eb, which is the main tuning my band plays in, then gigging it. I will let you know the results. Also, on the weight I'll find that out for you soon as well. I was at an automotive swap meet and got a good deal on a used electronic scale that was originally intended for weighing and mixing paint. I figured it would come in handy for just such a thing as weighing my guitars accurately
    Stay tuned!
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

To me the alder version sounds brighter and a little thinner with the mahogany being a warmer fuller sound. I've also reloaded both with coil tapable JB/Jazz pickups. I prefer the mahogany but I should mention I play clean a lot and that probably biases my viewpoint.

Comment

I like both of mine.

I think it comes down to personal preference, but I like my MAH a tiny bit more than my alder (both stock). The JB just doesn't sound great in the Alder.
        I like EL34s.

Comment

I posted some various weights in your other thread here: http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/106...oday-(Sl2h-mah)
          The short answer is Alder SL2H 3589.4g SL2H-MAH 4155.3g. Add another 44.5g for the Floyd trem arm which I weighed separately. Divide by 454 if you want to convert the weights to pounds.
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

I think that the SL2H-MAH is Jackson's best sounding USA production guitar.
            You can tell by the grain on the trans. finish on the back- just check some photos on the web to get the idea.
            Bottom line- I don't think you can go wrong with one of these!
            GM,
            www.aftershok.com

Comment

Working...
            X