Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK1 neck differences ?

Hello,

I was wondering is there is any difference between current DK1 neck and the one from 1997/98 ? I love the current one and i want to be sure that i can find the same on an older DK1

thanks !
    Jackson SLAT-QH CSB
    Charvel SD Warren DeMartini Crossed Swords
    Jackson SL-2H LS

When I was selling my USA DK1, from 1997 (black, 22 frets, ebony board, Mother of pearl, etc) , I had a 2007 DK1 home for a couple of days. In my
    opinion , the neck on the older DK1 is a bit thinner than the newer DK1. At least to me it felt like it,,,,just a little.. Anyway, I eventually settled
    on an SL2H, so I don't have those guitars anymore. But I had that 1997 DK1 for several years, and it had such an awesome, thin neck. But I
    didn't like the fact that it was 22 frets, and the neck bolted on to the body at the 17th fret. That was a bit restricting. Even on the newer
    DK1,,,I still liked the thin neck, but found it now bolted on right at the start of the 18th fret,,,,so I settled on a soloist with a thicker neck but
    limitless high fret access.
    Last edited by lynchfan6; 05-08-2010, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the infos
      Jackson SLAT-QH CSB
      Charvel SD Warren DeMartini Crossed Swords
      Jackson SL-2H LS

Comment

'97 - '98 I'm not sure about, but my '01 was pretty much the same as my newer one, i.e. "a little thinner than a typical Soloist."

Comment

I'd be tempted to go for an older DK1 simply because I don't like EMG's. I've always thought the earlier 22 fret HSS versions had much better finishes. For example, (some of) the trans finishes were quilted with body binding and even gold hardware in some cases.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Then you're about to kick yourself Wilky cause this ended on Sat and I still can't believe what it went for!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

If I hadn't just bought a car..this would have been mine!!

Comment

I don't have any great advise for you on the subject but someone mentioned Dk1's of the past with gold hardware so I thought I would share a pic of my 1st DK1 it is a 2010 model with gold hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by banditdk1 View Post
                I don't have any great advise for you on the subject but someone mentioned Dk1's of the past with gold hardware so I thought I would share a pic of my 1st DK1 it is a 2010 model with gold hardware.
                That is nice. I had a Black Ghost Flames DK1 with gold hardware. It didn't come that way... Did yours?

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
                  Then you're about to kick yourself Wilky cause this ended on Sat and I still can't believe what it went for!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

If I hadn't just bought a car..this would have been mine!!
                  I wouldn't kick myself over that one. I've seen better.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I think that's a flip... I remember seeing it a while back... Ding and all.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                      I wouldn't kick myself over that one. I've seen better.
                      didn't you see "24 carrot gold" was used to build this guitar?
                      tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

No I have a buddy who just got a Bizzaro PC1 and wanted black hardware so we switched them out. I think it looks better with the gold.

Comment

I have a 2006 Bengal DK1, and the neck is extremely slim to the point where i don't think you can go much further before hitting the truss cavity.
                          I also have a project piece (2002 soloist) which i sanded down to match the DK1 profile, and the amount of wood which had to come off was quite a shock and it felt like a whole new guitar afterward.

Here is my DK1 (Its currently up for sale, but i wont be posting links to the auction or taking PMs here so dont ask!)

As you can see the neck is very minimal here indeed...

Comment

Working...
                          X