Quick Help on what appears to be a 2002/03 Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Help on what appears to be a 2002/03 Soloist

Trans blue, Chrome floyd, Neck thru, made in USA, MOP inlays, the only thing really throwing me off is the Schaller tuners appear to be the cheaper ones. Serial is U12979. Smoking deal for a friend of mine. Does this look like the real deal to everyone?

Added pics today. Sorry for the crappy pics, lighting was really odd in the basement.

Last edited by Ripley7t; 05-16-2010, 02:47 PM.
    Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

No link, no pic, really no question

How can we help?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Just curious on the serial number range, if it was correct. I don't have the capability to post pics right now.

Comment

Sorry about being so obscure. My bud jumped on it, for........, wait for it,........ $700.00. The only issue was a couple small dents in a few frets, they were not bent or pulling up. I will get some pics next week and post them in this thread. Basically, this guitar was a present and the owner doesnt like guitars with floyds.

Looks like any other trans blue SL2H. He has been wanting one for several years. Just a couple weeks ago I was telling him to be patient and eventually one would come his way..

Comment

Edited and added pics today.

Comment

Nice! I had one just like that....er, except for a bunch of holes in the body!

Comment

The holes make it go faster.......

Comment

Looks legit to me. My list of serial numbers show it to be completed in early September 2003.

Comment

Nice axe

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  Nice! I had one just like that....er, except for a bunch of holes in the body!
                  I enjoyed the stories of the 'Shotgun' Soloist. That was good reading.
                  Last edited by Scooter; 05-17-2010, 08:41 AM. Reason: spelling
                  "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Resurrection thread is resurrected. I just got this guitar in a trade along with a 2007 black Les Paul Studio with new Alnico pups and wiring. I couldnt bond with the Mark V, so I traded it off for the guitars. I had enough cash as well to get a new Blackstar HT-5 head.

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2 View Post
                      The holes make it go faster.......
                      Hey Accept! Was it you that got the Shotgun Soloist from me?

If so, did you ever do anything about those holes?

We should do a before & after picture thread!

Comment

Working...
                      X