What strings come with SL2H?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What strings come with SL2H?

I purchased my SL2H from American Musical Supply (.com) and it doesn't have printed the strings brand. So, I went to the Jackson website and looked as well, and it doesn't specify. What do you reckon they are: D'addario's, Ernie Ball's, or Fender strings?

And what brand of guitar string did you replace the original string set with once they dulled, and did the tension on the bridge stay the same (provided you didn't up the gauge or decrease)? This may also indicate what the original strings are.

Thanks.

I believe they're D'Addario 9-42/EXL-120

Comment

Dont know the brand, but they are indeed 9-42.

I swapped mine for DR Tite-Fits 10-46 when they dulled.
      I like EL34s.

Comment

I use Ernie Ball 10-46 in E std myself, I just don't get along with D'addario. DR is my second choice. You may have to tweak the bridge with another brand of 9-42... But not much at all. Will have to re-intonate though.

Comment

the stings that come on a sl2h are daddario 9s, i switched to ernie ball 9s and the only difference i noticed was that the EB strings held tune much longer (after intonating, which was fuck all cause they were the same sting gauge), its amazing how much fine tuning you have to do when using d'addarios compared to ernie balls, i used d'addarios for ages and got used to them, but now prefer ernie ball, also i tune to e std and still like 9-42 strings, i like the sound i get with these strings and a maple thru neck, alder wings and SD pickups

Comment

also dont feel the need to switch to heavier strings just cause a lot of other people do (depending on your tuning preference), this is purely preference and not essential

Comment

I've been using D'Addario EXL120's forever,,,just because. Is it true they are harder to work with? My strings last long, but
              the tuning doesn't last too long. Of course, I find that I sometimes rub against those fine tuners when I play.

Comment

Working...
              X