Jackson Fusion Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Fusion Questions

Hey guys, anyone know anything about the Jackson Fusion guitars?? I picked this up at a garage sale the other day. I've have a few other Jackson guitars, but never seen one like this before. Only reason I found out it was a "Fusion" is because it was wrote on the HS case it came in. Only info I've been able to find is that it was made in 90-91 range. Serial # is 000942
    Can anyone tell me if this paint job is original (custom shop maybe?), it is very well done whoever did it.
    Also does anyone have a wiring diagram of this guitar? Previous owner put in a Dimazio neck pickup and tore the wiring to hell, and the small flipper switch is completely disconnected (not entirely certain what it does). I would like to bring it back to original if possible.
    If you any info it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!!!

Dustin
    Jackson Dinky Professional Rev
    Jackson Concept JDR-94
    Jackson Fusion
    Jackson DK2 Rev
    Jackson JS30RR
    Jackson WRMG
    Jackson PS-37

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
    Marshall JCM 800 2205
    Randall RG100ES
    Crate Blue Voodoo
    Fender M-80
    Peavey Musician

seen that paint job before, thats about all I can tell ya. I don't think a custom would have that serial?
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Doubt it's a custom, iirc that graphic is called rusted steel. haven't seen too much of the fusions so that's all I can tell ya.
      Gear

Jackson DXMG
      Jackson JS30RR
      Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
      Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
      Blackstar HT5H
      Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
      Marshall JCM 800 2203
      Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

The finish is a paintjob still available for Jackson guitars today. It's called Bolted Steel. It was probably a standard finish option for the Fusion as well. Is that a switch between the two knobs? I think that guitar may have shipped with a JE-1200 or JE-1500 boost circuit so it probably had 3 pots. I don't know if it would have had a 3 way or a 5 way super switch. Someone that knows all about it will chime in eventually.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. Glad to know it is original paint! Never seen one with the bolted steel graphics before.
          From what I have seen the little switch between the tone and volume knob is original. Someone somewhere said it was called a "afterburner" switch, that sounds like a wah pedal when flipping it?? Thats why I'm trying to figure out how to rewire this bad boy.
          Jackson Concept JDR-94
          Jackson Fusion
          Jackson DK2 Rev
          Jackson JS30RR
          Jackson WRMG
          Jackson PS-37

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
          Marshall JCM 800 2205
          Randall RG100ES
          Crate Blue Voodoo
          Fender M-80
          Peavey Musician

Comment

Fusions:

- Short scale - 24 3/4" (like a Gibson)
            - Basswood body, maple neck, Ebony fretboard
            - Some had MOP logos, some did not (mine did)
            - Came stock with J-200 singles and J-50 (I think) humbucker (either way - looks like they're all gone now - they had black plastic covers with "Jackson" on them). A select few had "Reflex" pickups
            - J-1500 frequency boost preamp - frequently called the "wah circuit." Features a tone pot and a boost on/off switch - switch off and the tone works as normal (not really) and switch on to engage the boost and hte tone knob allows you to select the boosted frequency - like a wah.
            - Your knobs are aftermarket and the switch tips Fusions shipped with were usually black - yours might be original, might not. Same goes for the mini switch - mine was black - I don't think they used chrome.
            - A lot of Fusions had graphics

Enjoy yours. I never liked mine.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by pinball-1 View Post
              Someone somewhere said it was called a "afterburner" switch, that sounds like a wah pedal when flipping it?? Thats why I'm trying to figure out how to rewire this bad boy.
              No, it's not an afterburner. An afterburner is an EMG product that gives a 20db boost.

This is a wah, not a boost.

IMO, the stock pickups are great. I usually use the JE-1500 only with the singles. It gets rid of the mud and gives them a glassy strat tone.

Comment

I want it
                www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                  Fusions:

- Short scale - 24 3/4" (like a Gibson)
                  - Basswood body, maple neck, Ebony fretboard
                  - Some had MOP logos, some did not (mine did)
                  - Came stock with J-200 singles and J-50 (I think) humbucker (either way - looks like they're all gone now - they had black plastic covers with "Jackson" on them). A select few had "Reflex" pickups
                  - J-1500 frequency boost preamp - frequently called the "wah circuit." Features a tone pot and a boost on/off switch - switch off and the tone works as normal (not really) and switch on to engage the boost and hte tone knob allows you to select the boosted frequency - like a wah.
                  - Your knobs are aftermarket and the switch tips Fusions shipped with were usually black - yours might be original, might not. Same goes for the mini switch - mine was black - I don't think they used chrome.
                  - A lot of Fusions had graphics

Enjoy yours. I never liked mine.
                  Thanks for the info! Ya I assumed the pickups and knobs weren't original, oh well :/ got a hell of a deal on it anyway.
                  I think the mini switch might be original? It has an approx 1" x 1/2" circuit board attached to it inside, might that be the "wah circuit"??
                  Trying to figure out if any of the parts inside are missing in order to make the "wah circuit" work. Cause it sounds cool and I try to keep all my guitars original. Gonna try contacting Jackson to see if they have a wiring diagram of it.
                  Jackson Concept JDR-94
                  Jackson Fusion
                  Jackson DK2 Rev
                  Jackson JS30RR
                  Jackson WRMG
                  Jackson PS-37

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
                  Marshall JCM 800 2205
                  Randall RG100ES
                  Crate Blue Voodoo
                  Fender M-80
                  Peavey Musician

Comment

Henrik has the scan on his site. This link should work, just click on the page for a larger image.

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Switch is original- I have a warbird fusion- 000613. Production guitar. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think they were making them in batches of 10-12 at a time.

Does that guitar have wood removed on the front pickup. I see a Dimarzio Blade. The only thing I could get in for replacement was emgs cause the cut outs are staight? Cool graphic nice guitar

Comment

Originally posted by LRGman View Post
                        Does that guitar have wood removed on the front pickup. I see a Dimarzio Blade. The only thing I could get in for replacement was emgs cause the cut outs are staight? Cool graphic nice guitar
                        It doesn't seem to have been messed with. But I agree, most fusions I have seen pics of dont have that. And if it was cut out they did a very good job, as it is very even routing, the inside is all painted black still, and the paint around it doesn't have anything wrong with it (no chips or anything).
                        Jackson Concept JDR-94
                        Jackson Fusion
                        Jackson DK2 Rev
                        Jackson JS30RR
                        Jackson WRMG
                        Jackson PS-37

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
                        Marshall JCM 800 2205
                        Randall RG100ES
                        Crate Blue Voodoo
                        Fender M-80
                        Peavey Musician

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                          Henrik has the scan on his site. This link should work, just click on the page for a larger image.

http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=66&pos=11
                          Sweet thanks. I'll have to bring the guitar in to have it re-wired. Do you know if this will work with any kind of pickups? It dosent have to have factory pickups in it to work, does it?
                          Jackson Concept JDR-94
                          Jackson Fusion
                          Jackson DK2 Rev
                          Jackson JS30RR
                          Jackson WRMG
                          Jackson PS-37

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
                          Marshall JCM 800 2205
                          Randall RG100ES
                          Crate Blue Voodoo
                          Fender M-80
                          Peavey Musician

Comment

The Jackson boost circuits work with any pickups. I think they generally sound like shit.
                            -------------------------
                            Blank yo!

Comment

I've never played with the 1500, but the 1200 was awesome for thickening the J80c's in my Model 5 Charvel. The 1500 does seem a bit more like a trick pony than a tool that will see regular use.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X