Advice on this Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on this Jackson

I'm seriously considering buying this guitar. Owner is asking $850 shipped but I'm wondering if its too high. What do you guys think:

It's a bolt-on, right. If it's a fusion that might be a little high--esp. considering the damage. Fusions aren't as valuable as soloists for some reason so for me it's a little high. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Thanks man. What would be a fair offer?

Comment

You are in Canada. Is that $850 USD or CAD (not that it would help me figure it out )

It's a USA Fusion with a graphic that some love and some hate.

Couple of chips...

I guess I'm not sure what I'd offer. I think it might be high, but I'm not highly in tune with USA Fusion prices.

Best I could say is just check out all ebay completed auctions to give you a ball park idea.

Comment

Wow, starting to see a little burst of Fusion's lately. I guess winter is Jackson Strat time and Spring brings out the Fusions. We should start seeing the pointy angry shapes in the summer/fall.

I don't know why with the dollar running near equal but for some reason in Canada it seems like the prices are a little higher. I guess since we haven't been hit as hard by the financial crisis things are holding their value a little more. If it's with a good case and shipping internationally, the price isn't a bad deal. It's not a steal, but not bad either. Like Don said though, checking completed will tell you what they are selling at for real rather than numbers made up by a rube like me.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
            Wow, starting to see a little burst of Fusion's lately. I guess winter is Jackson Strat time and Spring brings out the Fusions. We should start seeing the pointy angry shapes in the summer/fall.
            Swimsuit weather is just around the corner so bikini clad guitars are appropriate.

You could shoot for $700 USD or less if you're not afraid of low balling the guy. Tell him some expert on the internet wouldn't pay more, etc. I think the ecomony and money issues will continue to get worse for many people so even if it's a great deal by today's standards it might seem a little high if you try to sell it in a few years. IMO not enough people will have the money to keep prices high for used guitars and other used toys in the future. Chances are better deals are in store if you are willing to wait.

Comment

Price seems reasonable in todays climate but there is an string / neck alignment issue at mo. Maybe the neck just needs a pull to side and retighten bolts. Maybe not.

Comment

Seems pretty reasonable for a graphic, assuming you like that particular graphic.

@Salmonella, I don't see the issue you are talking about, perhaps be more descriptive.

I would like to point out that unless I've been wrong for 10 years the nut clamps are on sideways.

Ha!
                I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                  I would like to point out that unless I've been wrong for 10 years the nut clamps are on sideways.

Ha!
                  Good catch, Grim, I always miss those!

Hey, I think you can get him to lower price then, who knows what else he messed with / doesn't know how to install?
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I know!

Everyone knows the nut clamps MUST be properly installed or the guitar will not intonate properly, play well, or sound good!

As a matter of fact, it becomes virtually useless until this problem is resolved!

This is a serious flaw!
                    I like EL34s.

Comment

lol, good eye!

Thanks for all the responses guys. I offered $750 shipped.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                        We should start seeing the pointy angry shapes in the summer/fall.
                        I better start saving for my next Warrior then :idea:
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Grim, If the low E was any closer to the edge of the fret board it could be mistaken for a strap. As previous, perhaps a neck tug to one side may shift the base of the neck in the pocket and straighten up the string alignment / run.

Comment

Ha!
                            Probably why the seller has it up for auction ...doesn't stay in tune with heavy trem use.

Comment

Originally posted by salmonella View Post
                              Grim, If the low E was any closer to the edge of the fret board it could be mistaken for a strap. As previous, perhaps a neck tug to one side may shift the base of the neck in the pocket and straighten up the string alignment / run.
                              Ummm...no. That's not the case at all. It's the angle of the picture because it's aligned correctly. Otherwise you would notice more deviance between it and the A string (which there isn't) and the high E would be terribly far from the edge (which it isn't).
                              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                              Gotta get away from here.
                              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                              X