Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was a funny line, though!

Originally posted by salmonella View Post
    If the low E was any closer to the edge of the fret board it could be mistaken for a strap.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by salmonella View Post
      Grim, If the low E was any closer to the edge of the fret board it could be mistaken for a strap. As previous, perhaps a neck tug to one side may shift the base of the neck in the pocket and straighten up the string alignment / run.
      According to you, the METAL floyd rose has magically started falling apart in only one place.

It's a funny angle. Unless the low E's saddle has magically seperated itself from the rest of the unit, which I seriously doubt.

Still would be more useful and valuble than a kahler.
      I like EL34s.

Comment

Are we looking at the same picture here? In picture one, (which is pretty face on) the string alignment is off centre (clearly seen at 24 fret). This is normally due to bridge or nut being positioned incorrectly (problem) or the neck shifting slightly in body pocket (easy fix) . The strings will all still remain at the correct relative distances from each other just the e strings will be different distances from fretboard edge (Not my suggestion that the floyd was falling apart at all). It is only about 2-3 mm but enough to be considered a QC issue IMO on a high end guitar (if nut or bridge related) and at least irritating to some, also is a common snag issue on guitars. Some may not mind. If the aligment was 2-3 mm out towards the high E side, youd have to be v. careful to avoid slipping off the fretboard high up the neck (depending on how sloppy you play) . In any case, just something this prospective buyer may want to consider. .

Comment

You have a point; one of my imports had this problem only with the high E being too close to the edge of the fretboard. As the neck was bolted on it was a case of loosening the screws holding the neck on and realigning. I dont have an experience with this problem on neck throughs though.

Although its impossible to say with certainty that the neck alignment on this guitar is off from one picture, if i was a betting man id put money on it.

Comment

If it were a Soloist and the placement was due to the bridge, and not the nut, it might be an issue. It's not... Loosen the bolts and move the neck, if it's misaligned. No big deal. :dunno:

Comment

My soloist had the strings just a touch too far to the bass side, I undid the nut and moved it over just a touch as there was some play there, and it's fine now. I don't see why this guitar would be any different, and to be honest I am sure this is just camera angle at work, in the first picture the camera is fairly centered but the guitar is swiveled a few degrees to the left, and the high e is not too far to the bass side by any means.

Comment

Working...
              X