Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you identify this guitar?

Hello everybody!

Can you help me in identifying Jackson USA guitar I'm about to buy? I already know the basic information about the model (the pickup, bridge (Jackson Floyd Rose, not on the top as usually in older guitars but somehow submerged to the body as they are today) etc.) but have no idea about the exact model. How ever it looks like a Dinky to me. I'd like to know if it's a custom shop model (guess it's from the eighties) or not. The paint job is quite unusual too. It says Made In Usa in the headstock.

Thanks in advance. Hope you can help me!

Looks like an Ontario strat to me. The Floyd is most likely not recessed - it is "back routed." That means it still floats above the body, but there is wood removed beneath it so you can pull back further.

More pics would be helpful, including the back and neckplate. The paint looks pretty clean. Probably a case queen.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

It's not a Dinky... I would guess an '89 Jackson Strat from the big pickup and semi-recessed Schaller.

I have no idea about that finish, it's pretty cool, though.

Comment

Thanks for the answers! The serial number is 6110. I also got some more pictures of the guitar and here they come:

Comment

Someone has elected to not cut the ball ends off the strings when clamping down on the Floyd.

That's a big no no!

Comment

Yep... '89 Jackson Strat. (Ontario era) I'd say it's worth 6 or 7 bills. Depends on how much damage was done to the trem.
            Whoever strung that bad boy up needs to be shot.
            -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
              Someone has elected to not cut the ball ends off the strings when clamping down on the Floyd.

That's a big no no!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post

That's a big no no!
                I don't even think the blocks are in the saddles. I've seen this many times on used items.
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

+1 - looks like the balls are held in by the screws.
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

"balls are held in by the screws"

Comment

Wow, I'd negotiate another $100+ off the asking price based on the tremolo probably being all chewed up by this idiot's ineptitude.

Comment

Working...
                      X