Post pictures of your DK-1 here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post pictures of your DK-1 here!

I don't know why but I'm really loving bolt ons lately and I just want to see some cool DK-1s and also the reason why other people love bolt ons.

How does the neck joint feel at the 24th fret? It's sorta difficult to reach the 22nd on my promod charvel.
    "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Sold mine a couple years ago (Snakeskin). I'd rather have an older HSS config DK1. They looked so much better.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Neck single coils are the bees knees, lots of different tones with that configuration!

Comment

was mine in the past, DK-1 '98, graphics by Dan Lawrence

'94 KV PCS
        '99 KV-2 Camo
        '01 KV-2 Black Ghost Flames
        '93 Grover Jackson Kelly Custom

Comment

Heres mine, im still trying to sell it, but its a damn fine guitar.
          I just dont like EMGs otherwise i would have played this instead of shelving it.

But damn she looks good on the wall!

Comment

Originally posted by Digitised View Post
            I just dont like EMGs otherwise i would have played this instead of shelving it.

Very nice, it's too bad you have to sell her.

Comment

Cobalt Blue:

My old Black Ghost Flames:

Comment

My first USA Jackson. Still one of my favorites to play.

http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

My '97 DK-1 22 fretter.

Comment

I must admit, I'm not much a fan of the DK1. However, I do have a black one and a Nebula (the catalogue guitar). I love EMGs, but neither of these are great sounding guitars by any means, and the neck profile isn't my favourite. But the black one is my 'disposable' gig guitar and the Nebula was a 30th birthday present from my wife...

Last edited by neilli; 05-31-2010, 06:16 PM.
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                      I must admit, I'm not much a fan of the DK1. However, I do have a black one and a Nebula (the catalogue guitar). I love EMGs, but neither of these are great sounding guitars by any means, and the neck profile isn't my favourite. But the black one is my 'disposable' gig guitar and the Nebula was a 30th birthday present from my wife...

What a wife for a gift like that! The nebula is gorgeous, if you really don't like it though I guess I could hold onto it...

Comment

Originally posted by Digitised View Post
                        pickup swap? First thing I'll do if (when?) I get a DK1 is to put some passives in it.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

An here is where Simons DK1 ended up!

had a bit of a happy accident with it...the front pick up kept cutting out..took it to a local repair centre to get fixed...they replaced the volume pot , but also wired it so that it now has two volume controls and no tone. As I never use the tone I was pretty happy BUT also wondered how on earth they thought this is the way it's meant to be!!

Comment

I would say its not worth it.
                            Active wiring and installation is expensive on its own and removing all the original pickups and hardware (leaving a useless battery port) would seriously devalue the instrument.

I did decide at one point to go for SD Blackouts (and keep all the wiring) until i found out the pickups have different pin sockets and cannot be hot swapped.
                            Since i really want a set of blackouts id have to re-wire an instrument anyway, and id rather that was not a DK1 since they are heavier and not as accessible as an SL2H or WR1 for eg
                            I want to love this guitar but its just not for me, so its on the bay where i hope someone who loves EMGs finds it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post

An here is where Simons DK1 ended up!

had a bit of a happy accident with it...the front pick up kept cutting out..took it to a local repair centre to get fixed...they replaced the volume pot , but also wired it so that it now has two volume controls and no tone. As I never use the tone I was pretty happy BUT also wondered how on earth they thought this is the way it's meant to be!!
                              Hey now you can turn it all the way up to 20!

Comment

Working...
                              X