Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me or are those Custom Shop Painted PC1's just not selling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me or are those Custom Shop Painted PC1's just not selling?

I suspect that most if not all were snatched up by dealers while on display at NAMM but it seems that they just linger on ebay for weeks at a time.

The high price is not helping things nor is the weird look I figure.

They could have made such a better guitar then that one........

You can say that about any number of guitars.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

You're talking about the splatter painted ones right, not the Bizarros? The splatters would seem to be too expensive, but I think the specs are pretty cool...
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Cool guitars. I especially like the H-S layout, which is unique for a PC1. Way overpriced, though.

Comment

From what I can see, PC1's of any kind don't exactly sell like hotcakes. And, the Bizarros have been marked down to $100 over a regular PC1 and still, there are several available (Fuller's). :dunno:

But yeah, these are priced way too high, and kind of ugly IMO. As I've said it's not too far off from something I might spec myself but the ways it's off are just...
          Last edited by MakeAJazzNoiseHere; 06-17-2010, 11:47 AM.

Comment

I'd wager that normal PC1s sell no problem. Graphics are inherently more of niche, and then the appeal is very subjective. I like much of Mike's graphic work, but those Bizarros don't work for me at all, especially when the PC1 is such a classy looking guitar normally. Add to that the 'stigma' that they've been sitting unsold for years and that takes the appeal off them somewhat. The PC 30ths are a lot of money for a low cost graphic, and for my money, the 'mashed potato' kanji character spoils the look...
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

The inlay at the 12th fret only looks weird to me, and I would rather the neck be blank like on the production models. The productions look more appealing, especially price-wise.
              Ratt & Roll

Comment

If I had $6k to spend on a guitar (or many guitars) I wouldn't even consider these. I'd consider them maybe a few hundred bucks more valuable than normal PC-1s but that's about it. You can get a hell of a lot for 6 grand.

Comment

I like the splatter PC1, but not the price tag.
                  The H-S layout is perfect.

I'd take a Bizarro, but only to strip it and refinish it.
                  No offense to Mike, but they're not one of his better pieces.
                  -Rick

Comment

I really dig the look of those new splatter PC1 (although I also don't like the lone 12th fret inlay) BUT the price keeps my GAS in check

I am hoping that a used one (priced cheaper) pops up in the future
                    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

I like the H/S layout, really like the one inlay, too, but the price is ridiculous!
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Although I would prefer the complete set of inlays or a blank board over the single, the simple fact is that the economy still cannot support such a "big ticket luxury item".... Unless you support yourself totally by playing, that is all it is..
                        Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

How much do they run for?

Comment

Sweetwater wants $8500! http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PC1LTD/
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Holy crap, that's insane.

Comment

Working...
                              X