Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me or are those Custom Shop Painted PC1's just not selling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, it has free shipping!

Blah, to be honest, I love every single thing about those. EXCEPT for the 12th fret. And the Japanese writing on the front... But I can easily get past that all...

Fuck it, I'll just get a custom shop of that, without the 12th fret and japanese writing. It'll also be $4000 cheaper!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Take a look in Sweetwater's Guitar Gallery. They are crack-smoker high on every custom they have.

Comment

I think everyone is out smoking crack. Jackson has $1000 upcharge for a reverse headstock and $500 to delete a couple of lines in the CNC program to forego a pickup. I never asked about the ebony fretboard or the "custom" paint job, but I'm sure that would come at a premium too! Add those all up and your probably pushing $5000 to $5500 if not more for a custom shop order!
          You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

That's a rediculous price. I picked one up at NAMM and played it for a minute. Not worth that much money, not even close. They'll end up being discounted just like Charvel Grover Legacy models that no one was buying.
            Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
            www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Originally posted by TheShadow View Post
              If I had $6k to spend on a guitar (or many guitars) I wouldn't even consider these. I'd consider them maybe a few hundred bucks more valuable than normal PC-1s but that's about it. You can get a hell of a lot for 6 grand.
              Yep...

Comment

Originally posted by SixstringKing View Post
                I think everyone is out smoking crack. Jackson has $1000 upcharge for a reverse headstock and $500 to delete a couple of lines in the CNC program to forego a pickup.
                Is that you, Newc?
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yea but you get free shipping and a 55point inspection. For that price I think you should get a 60 point inspection.

Comment

Originally posted by LRGman View Post
                    Yea but you get free shipping and a 55point inspection. For that price I think you should get a 60 point inspection.
                    +1
                    we need the extra 5 point inspection for the bolt on neck....

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      Is that you, Newc?
                      Meh, Newc's custom option is whacking studs into the guitar's body. All 32 of them.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                        Is that you, Newc?
                        Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by SixstringKing View Post
                          I think everyone is out smoking crack. Jackson has $1000 upcharge for a reverse headstock
                          No they don't. It's $307 list to spec a reverse headstock on a custom. And you can't order a production with a rev head. So whoever told you it cost a grand to reverse a headstock was (ahem) misinformed...
                          Popular is not the same as good
                          Rare is not the same as valuable
                          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Picture this......

A PC1 with a Koa body with only a volume and sustainer knob (no third tone knob) minus the middle single coil and all black hardware. A dark ebony fretboard as well.

Perhaps some kind of small and tasteful MOP on the 12th fret commemorating the Jackson anniversary.

Now that would have been worth it no?
                            Last edited by vklobucar; 06-21-2010, 04:49 AM.

Comment

I beg to differ my good man!
                              That was the quote I recieved for my CS PC1 that I ordered last year. When I get it, this forum will be able to view the pics of it!

Comment

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
                                Picture this......

A PC1 with a Koa body with only a volume and sustainer knob (no third tone knob) minus the middle single coil and all black hardware. A dark ebony fretboard as well.

Perhaps some kind of small and tasteful MOP on the 12th fret commemorating the Jackson anniversary.

Now that would have been worth it no?
                                Now you're talking!
                                -Rick

Comment

Working...
                                X