Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lacewood Soloist Headstock Repair Performed by Drummer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lacewood Soloist Headstock Repair Performed by Drummer!

A few years ago Brad sold me a Lacewood Soloist, I showed it off back then. It was a catalog guitar, many of you have seen it, the third one down on page 45:

And here's a pic of the headstock right after I first got it:

Well, like a dumbass, I had it leaning against a half stack and accidentally knocked it over, face down, into the wooden floor. When I saw what had happened I literally felt sick. Here's the original damage:

As you could imagine, I was horrified and disgusted that I had allowed this to happen to such a cool guitar. But all was not lost. The drummer in my band said he could fix it up. He's such a great guy, not just a musician but a real friend, and a guy who always tries to make things better when they're not. So I let him have a shot at it, and the results are quite remarkable. Take a look:

So there was a bit of the clear over "Made in USA" that just couldn't be salvaged, and a few very small marks on the face. Only the glue line on the back can be seen, but nothing can be felt. It's as smooth as a baby's butt. It's amazing work for sure. So, the next time you guys think of making a drummer joke, think again. You never know, he might save your ass when you need it the most. Thanks, Fred, you rock, bro!
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

This is one of the things I hate most.
    For some cruel reason, beat-up guitars face the most drops and spills and still come out intact. But its ALWAYS the favorites or MOST expensive guitars that shatter for the smallest thing.
    DAMN YOU CRUEL FATE!*shakes fist*

Out of all the people who could've fixed a headstock break like that, I'm totally floored by the fact that your drummer did it!

Comment

That's amazing and really cool of him, good to have real friends..

Definitely buy him a beer!

Comment

Seriously man, buy him a keg

Comment

Great save! Glad that worked out for you.

Comment

Yeah, I hooked him up with a VISA gift certy so he could get a few kegs.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
            X