At1/at1t help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At1/at1t help

Anyone know anything about the AT1 and AT1T model? I recently found out that it's quite rare. When I sent a mail to Jackson, I recieved this from fender:

We would love to answer your questions, but unfortunately we do not have that info available.
    We purchased Jackson in 2003 and sadly that info was not given to us.

Sorry,

Ed Treat
    Fender Consumer Relations

What I like to know is how many was made and if they are woth anything today. I would like to have another one if thery still are out there.
    This is my last shot, then I give up.
    Jackson AT1T
    Jackson Kelly Performer
    Fender Telecaster Jim Root Sign.
    Squier Stratocaster 50' classic vibe

How do I get a picture in here?
    Jackson AT1T
    Jackson Kelly Performer

Comment

Upload it to tinypic, and put the code for "Forum sites" in the reply box.

Comment

I used to have an AT1, It was a great guitar! The rarest ones have 4 X 2 Tuners which I beleive Ernie Ball put a stop to Jackson using 4 X 2 tuners. The idea was with the tuners laid out 4 X 2 it kept the strings in a straight line & kept them from binding up in the nut. Mine had 3 X 3 tuners which was more common. If you get a trans purple AT1 they are way more collectable than most other colors. The AT1 didn't ever really take off since most Jackson players prefer the Floyd Rose over the Wilkinson. The Trans colors had the most beautiful tops that made PRS ten tops look like crap in my opinion. Jackson made a import model of the same guitar around the same time which was made between 1996-1998. They came with Kent Armstrong pickups w/ chrome covers.
        Poplar body ( On most solid colors ) & Maple Cap/ Mahogany Back ( on the Trans colors )
        Maple neck with ebony fingerboard. No inlays (side dots only)
        22 frets, 25.5'' scale
        Sperzel locking tuners
        Wilkinson USA tremolo
        3-way toggle
        Made in Ontario, CA USA

Here are pix off the web of the 2 types:
        This is a AT 1 - 4 X 2

This is an AT1 with the 3X3 headstock:

I hope this helps!

Originally posted by T.C View Post
        Anyone know anything about the AT1 and AT1T model? I recently found out that it's quite rare. When I sent a mail to Jackson, I recieved this from fender:

We would love to answer your questions, but unfortunately we do not have that info available.
        We purchased Jackson in 2003 and sadly that info was not given to us.

Sorry,

Ed Treat
        Fender Consumer Relations

What I like to know is how many was made and if they are woth anything today. I would like to have another one if thery still are out there.
        This is my last shot, then I give up.

Comment

What are they worth these days????
          Charvel CST 060 1992
          Charvel CST 070 1992
          Charvel CDS 090 1993
          Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
          Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
          Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
          Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
          Duesenberg 49er 2012
          Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
          Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
          History TH-LS Limited 2009
          History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

The 3 X 3's are going any where from $400.00-$1200.00 depending on condition. I am not real sure on the 4 X 2 models, you don't see them up for sale to often.
            Originally posted by THOMO View Post
            What are they worth these days????

Comment

Cheers, I look for some of these.....
              Charvel CST 060 1992
              Charvel CST 070 1992
              Charvel CDS 090 1993
              Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
              Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
              Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
              Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
              Duesenberg 49er 2012
              Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
              Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
              History TH-LS Limited 2009
              History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

Thank you for this information. I have a trans blue, though it looks purple in some light, and it has no trem. AT1T I suppose. It's from 97, by looking at the serialnumber.
                Jackson AT1T
                Jackson Kelly Performer

Comment

I've got one of the 4x2 models, in Trans Green. The bridge post inserts (not sure of the right word) were coming out of the body and had to be reglued, and I replaced the original Kent Armstrong JVA-1 bridge pickup with a hotter Armstrong Super Distortion that really improved the tone of the guitar for metal playing. The figuring on the maple tops was really inconsistent from one guitar to the next, based on what I've seen, but mine seems to be a really "deep" mix of quilt and flame.

sigpic

Comment

real nice top on that!
                    Last edited by jim777; 07-15-2010, 05:38 PM.
                    Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonpc1 View Post
                      I used to have an AT1, It was a great guitar! The rarest ones have 4 X 2 Tuners which I beleive Ernie Ball put a stop to Jackson using 4 X 2 tuners. The idea was with the tuners laid out 4 X 2 it kept the strings in a straight line & kept them from binding up in the nut. Mine had 3 X 3 tuners which was more common. If you get a trans purple AT1 they are way more collectable than most other colors. The AT1 didn't ever really take off since most Jackson players prefer the Floyd Rose over the Wilkinson. The Trans colors had the most beautiful tops that made PRS ten tops look like crap in my opinion. Jackson made a import model of the same guitar around the same time which was made between 1996-1998. They came with Kent Armstrong pickups w/ chrome covers.
                      Poplar body ( On most solid colors ) & Maple Cap/ Mahogany Back ( on the Trans colors )
                      Maple neck with ebony fingerboard. No inlays (side dots only)
                      22 frets, 25.5'' scale
                      Sperzel locking tuners
                      Wilkinson USA tremolo
                      3-way toggle
                      Made in Ontario, CA USA

Here are pix off the web of the 2 types:
                      This is a AT 1 - 4 X 2

This is an AT1 with the 3X3 headstock:

I hope this helps!
                      How can you own a tuner configuration? Can fender stop people from making 6 a side headstocks? That is fucking absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogueleader View Post
                        How can you own a tuner configuration? Can fender stop people from making 6 a side headstocks? That is fucking absurd.
                        I guess Sterling Ball was afraid Holdsworth would kick his ass if he screwed with his Carvin
                        Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Originally posted by jim777 View Post
                          I guess Sterling Ball was afraid Holdsworth would kick his ass if he screwed with his Carvin
                          If you ever read the Ernie Ball forum you will quickly discover that Sterling Ball is a gigantic douchebag. I am gonna have to find the petrucci thread and link it, it hilarious.

Comment

Here is mine.

Here is a link to the cat. scans

Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.

EJ

Comment

The blue one looks just like mine but I have no tremolo. Nice.
                              Jackson AT1T
                              Jackson Kelly Performer

Comment

Working...
                              X