Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So here is a Jackson You dont see often...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So here is a Jackson You dont see often...

So there i was. in the market for a new USA Jackson.. I made up my on a SL1T when i saw the beauty below..

Now im a Jackson Fan spent many hours drooling over custom shops, usa and even some import ones... now that i own a few i still like to see the "rare" stuff and i believe this one is no expection to that term...

The serial number shows it to be 1997 J6359 And i was told it came from Guitar Center in Dallas TX. But did not have the orginal papers.. I figure it was a short run made for GC but ???

What i do know about it is that is Just like Randys "Concorde" in almost every way but 2 long fins instead of the Traditional Rhoads style shape.. Thats whats throwing me a curve..

Only markings i found where in the pickup cavities.. Neck says 10-15 Bod(y)? and bridge cavity only has the number 1

Its quite a bit heavier than my RR1t or my Jackson Stars Rhoads even my KV2 is lighter..

So Calling all Jackson Experts.. Anyone have some links to something like this? Or know anything about it?

REVISE - Just got off the phone with my buddy at Guitar Center. he typed the serial number in and some info popped up..

The title they have it listed by is Jackson Custom Shop King V pinstripe. Received in Arlington at 10-30-97 and Sold in Dallas LBJ Store on 11-1-97 So didnt sit long..

But no other info like wood, specs, why it has a weird v shape. But making progess.. Keep the info coming if you know some things or 3..

Here are the pics..

Last edited by Corpsegrinder88; 07-08-2010, 04:52 PM.

All I can say is 'HOLY SHIT!!!'

CONGRATS!!
    Sam

Comment

I believe that is the guitar being talked about in this thread, but I can't see the pictures at work to know for sure...

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/107...oncorde-King-V
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Yep Hellbat thats the same one.> didnt see that thread. but It is very strange and intersting.. Im calling a guy a know at GC on LBJ freeway to see if he can find out something for me as well..

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
          I believe that is the guitar being talked about in this thread, but I can't see the pictures at work to know for sure...

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/107...oncorde-King-V
          Yes that was the thread/guitar.

Well the main reason it's heavier than everything else is because it's Maple, like Randy's Concorde.

That's all I know

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
            Yes that was the thread/guitar.

Well the main reason it's heavier than everything else is because it's Maple, like Randy's Concorde.

That's all I know

Thats a step in the right direction.. I have my buddy at GC on the case.. so maybe we can get some more details.. I know its sounds freakin GOOD!!! Pickups are the Duncan 59 Set.. pots are CTS. so i assume somene had them replaced... but if my friend can find some details we will know for sure..

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
              All I can say is 'HOLY SHIT!!!'

CONGRATS!!
              I actually said 'Holy shit!!' as soon as I saw the first picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post
                pots are CTS. so i assume somene had them replaced... but if my friend can find some details we will know for sure..
                Jackson uses CTS pots on all USA an CS guitars unless spec'd otherwise by the customer.
                I doubt they were replaced.

Very cool fiddle you picked up.
                Definitely has a character all its own.
                -Rick

Comment

Curses! I was trying to sell something to nab that

Congrats
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah, what you have is essentially a "double ltd." It's like an LTD Rhoads, but not asymetrical. I don't think there is anything 'special' about it other than it's a fairly unique custom shop guitar. As RJ says, the CTS pots are normal and as a custom the original buyer probably specced the 59's as well as the "Concorde" style control layout.

It is a cool axe for sure and the chances of anyone having one just like it are pretty freaking slim.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

That's awesome, I'm glad someone here got it!

Comment

Grats man, i had a real hard time not buying that, it's a killer piece for sure.

Comment

Nice looking guitar, personally I think this looks better than the concorde, have fun with this!

Comment

Thanks guys.. I didnt know that about the CTS pots. My RR1T didnt have em but i also bought it used. but im liking it a LOT. I sprained my wrist but put about 20 minutes on it after re-stringing it and its amazing... Tone for days. Bright but still pretty mean distorted.. I doubt ill change the pups. but im a happy guy..

Funny thing as well. I put some light on the headstock and you can see and feel the indentions of the word custom shop. I was told you can have that filled if you dont want it to say that. guess thats what the orginal owner did.. either way. its a great addition to my collection..

Cheers guys

Comment

I love that guitar so much that:

I CAME!!
                              I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Working...
                              X