Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got offered Jackson Demon Custom Shop, need advise... please :(

Hi all,

after hunting jackson guitars in my beloved country, finally i get something worth to consider, The Jackson Demon Custom Shop.
    Last edited by donnykbs; 07-02-2014, 08:47 PM.
    Jackson Demon Custom Shop Black Cherry
    Ibanez RG5000SG
    Ibanez RGT3120TV
    Cole Clark FL1AC

Mesa Boogie Mark V Head
    Laney Cabinet 212 Lionheart
    POD Studio UX 2

That thing is crazy.

Comment

Another photos :

Ibanez RG5000SG
      Ibanez RGT3120TV
      Cole Clark FL1AC

Mesa Boogie Mark V Head
      POD Studio UX 2

Comment

New Info :
        Mint condition, include original jackson hardcase (but not form fit type), with hang tag.

I'm very unstable now, hate when GAS attack, should I bought it or not ???
        Last edited by donnykbs; 07-02-2014, 08:48 PM.
        Ibanez RG5000SG
        Ibanez RGT3120TV
        Cole Clark FL1AC

Mesa Boogie Mark V Head
        POD Studio UX 2

Comment

Originally posted by donnykbs View Post
          New Info :
          Mint condition, no certificate from jackson, include original jackson hardcase (but not form fit type), no custom shop form order, no hang tag.

I'm very unstable now, hate when GAS attack, should I bought it or not ???
          I would have a hard time putting up that much cash for a bolt on guitar with plain solid color paint job, that is my "thing" though. I have not seen that model Jackson before so maybe the rarity is reflected in the price? Where are you located? You could probably get a USA neck through on ebay, there must be sellers willing to ship internationally. If you want to play before you buy then that is obviously not an option. Have you played the guitar? Do you want a bolt on? It would not make a difference in quality of the guitar but if you want a set neck and are going to settle for the bolt on I would rethink it as you may not be happy in the long run. I understand your GAS though, that guitar looks pretty killer!

Comment

Theres nothing wrong with a bolt on, dont let that sway you

is there two guitars? the first pic shows a different bridge pickup and knob configuration

If you can afford it then go for it, if not - pass

Maybe play it a bit to see if it suits you

Comment

Originally posted by jimlp View Post
              I would have a hard time putting up that much cash for a bolt on guitar with plain solid color paint job, that is my "thing" though. I have not seen that model Jackson before so maybe the rarity is reflected in the price? Where are you located? You could probably get a USA neck through on ebay, there must be sellers willing to ship internationally.
              Jim, donnykbs is in Indonesia.... Here's one of his previous posts:

Originally posted by donnykbs View Post
              I live in Indonesia, where it's hard to import guitars, because of the carding issues and other scam, ooohhh... crap....

and the only agency that i know can import guitars might add $900-$1100 for its cost (tax and the agency fee).

For example, last year my friend imported Ernie Ball Musicman Special Edition Dargie Delight II, price $2700, the total price that he had to pay $4350 (tax and agency fee)
              The Demon is a bit of a rare body style...
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

If it's too hard to get it shipped, can you afford a short holiday to get over there to retrieve it?
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'd go after it, if not for the bragging rights.

Comment

Not much of a demon fan....it's a little -scratch that- a lot over the top. I would keep hunting...maybe even try another country. There has to be another one somewhere. Where country are you in? Can you not have one shipped to you?

Comment

The body is kind of ugly, but that neck kicks serious ass!
                      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by algeriet View Post
                        That thing is crazy.
                        I agree, looks so f*ck*n metal
                        Ibanez RG5000SG
                        Ibanez RGT3120TV
                        Cole Clark FL1AC

Mesa Boogie Mark V Head
                        POD Studio UX 2

Comment

Originally posted by jimlp View Post
                          I would have a hard time putting up that much cash for a bolt on guitar with plain solid color paint job, that is my "thing" though. I have not seen that model Jackson before so maybe the rarity is reflected in the price? Where are you located? You could probably get a USA neck through on ebay, there must be sellers willing to ship internationally. If you want to play before you buy then that is obviously not an option. Have you played the guitar? Do you want a bolt on? It would not make a difference in quality of the guitar but if you want a set neck and are going to settle for the bolt on I would rethink it as you may not be happy in the long run. I understand your GAS though, that guitar looks pretty killer!
                          Originally posted by Code Red View Post
                          Not much of a demon fan....it's a little -scratch that- a lot over the top. I would keep hunting...maybe even try another country. There has to be another one somewhere. Where country are you in? Can you not have one shipped to you?
                          Actually it's almost my dream guitar except for the solid color paint (I prefer quilt maple top just like the PC 1 Purple Haze) and i prefer gold hardware...

I think it's quite rare because you can only get demon body in custom shop. Recently, I just know that a friend of mine bought Gibson LP from eBay for $2500, and succesfully delivered to Indonesia, but it's not Gibson LP that he got, it's Chinesse LP, yes it's a tragedy

Originally posted by ralph View Post
                          Theres nothing wrong with a bolt on, dont let that sway you

is there two guitars? the first pic shows a different bridge pickup and knob configuration

If you can afford it then go for it, if not - pass

Maybe play it a bit to see if it suits you
                          Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                          I'd go after it, if not for the bragging rights.

It's only 1 guitar, the first picture is the current condition, with seymour duncan scott ian in bridge pickup, the original knob was change to q-part knobs, but he still got the original knob.

Thanks for your advice, looks like i can afford it

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                          Jim, donnykbs is in Indonesia.... Here's one of his previous posts:

The Demon is a bit of a rare body style...
                          In indonesia we got Ernie Ball, Gibson, Fender and ESP that's imported from USA, but for Jackson USA the last store that imported it was in 90's, now there's only Made In Japan and India Jackson
                          Last edited by donnykbs; 07-02-2014, 08:51 PM.
                          Ibanez RG5000SG
                          Ibanez RGT3120TV
                          Cole Clark FL1AC

Mesa Boogie Mark V Head
                          POD Studio UX 2

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                            If it's too hard to get it shipped, can you afford a short holiday to get over there to retrieve it?
                            My boss won't give me any holidays except for national holidays, X-mas, etc
                            Ibanez RG5000SG
                            Ibanez RGT3120TV
                            Cole Clark FL1AC

Mesa Boogie Mark V Head
                            POD Studio UX 2

Comment

A new Custom Shop Demon with a bolt-on neck would probably cost what he's asking, and you'd get a warranty card and form-fit case. You could probably get a quilt top in a color you prefer (though not PC1 colors as they're exclusive to that model, as I understand it) for a few hundred more.
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X