Got offered Jackson Demon Custom Shop, need advise... please :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by donnykbs View Post
    Yes, I love that demon and that zig-zag sharkfin inlays, but i'm quite curious, looks like the jackson logo in the headstock not made from mother of pearl / abalone, just a plain white logo
    Beautiful guitar, and the logo looks MOP (mother of pearl) to me.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      A new Custom Shop Demon with a bolt-on neck would probably cost what he's asking, and you'd get a warranty card and form-fit case. You could probably get a quilt top in a color you prefer (though not PC1 colors as they're exclusive to that model, as I understand it) for a few hundred more.
      Yeah, i have seen the other quilted demon in this forum, looks nice to me but looks like a good deal to me, because of the complexity process if i wanted to order my own custom shop from where i live

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Beautiful guitar, and the logo looks MOP (mother of pearl) to me.
      Thanks, hope this sunday i could take a look at it and give it a try
      Last edited by donnykbs; 07-02-2014, 08:53 PM.
      Jackson Demon Custom Shop Black Cherry
      Ibanez RG5000SG
      Ibanez RGT3120TV
      Cole Clark FL1AC

Mesa Boogie Mark V Head
      Laney Cabinet 212 Lionheart
      POD Studio UX 2

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
        Not much of a demon fan....it's a little -scratch that- a lot over the top. I would keep hunting...maybe even try another country. There has to be another one somewhere. Where country are you in? Can you not have one shipped to you?
        There hasn't been a Demon on eBay in years (some listed but obviously not for a true sale, with prices over 3K). If you're a Demon demon, go for it, there aren't many around. But as Newc said, you could get one built more like how you wanted for nearly the same price, and it'd be special just for you.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Anyway, this is the demo video from the first owner (now it's in second owner, but still in mint condition) :

Oofah, that was rough I had to click away...luckily on the same page there was a clip by JCFer RR0849 to wash that out of my ears http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAaFVaRlZ4Y

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

toejam, what do you think about the lower horn cut, will it be harder to access the 21st-24th fret ?
            Looks like it should be okay since it's got the scalloped horn and scalloped heel under the neck plate.

Comment

If you can negotiate the price down a bit, I'd go for it. Personally, I prefer bolt on's, but that's me. As said before, for the price you could order a new one from Jackson, but I'm not sure how your countries taxes would come into play. I know I'm gonna get crap for this, but if you really want a Demon shape, there's always Ran guitars. The quality isn't going to be Jackson level, but you could get all the features you want at a lower price.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                There hasn't been a Demon on eBay in years (some listed but obviously not for a true sale, with prices over 3K). If you're a Demon demon, go for it, there aren't many around. But as Newc said, you could get one built more like how you wanted for nearly the same price, and it'd be special just for you.
                Thanks for your support, think i'm gonna get this one
                Ibanez RG5000SG
                Ibanez RGT3120TV
                Cole Clark FL1AC

Mesa Boogie Mark V Head
                POD Studio UX 2

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  Oofah, that was rough I had to click away...luckily on the same page there was a clip by JCFer RR0849 to wash that out of my ears http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAaFVaRlZ4Y

Wakakaka... but it's the 1st owner of this demon :ROTF:
                  Ibanez RG5000SG
                  Ibanez RGT3120TV
                  Cole Clark FL1AC

Mesa Boogie Mark V Head
                  POD Studio UX 2

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Looks like it should be okay since it's got the scalloped horn and scalloped heel under the neck plate.
                    Thanks for your reply, hope it will be easy too when i try it
                    Ibanez RG5000SG
                    Ibanez RGT3120TV
                    Cole Clark FL1AC

Mesa Boogie Mark V Head
                    POD Studio UX 2

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
                      If you can negotiate the price down a bit, I'd go for it. Personally, I prefer bolt on's, but that's me. As said before, for the price you could order a new one from Jackson, but I'm not sure how your countries taxes would come into play. I know I'm gonna get crap for this, but if you really want a Demon shape, there's always Ran guitars. The quality isn't going to be Jackson level, but you could get all the features you want at a lower price.
                      I'm gonna negotiate a bit as you said when i meet the seller
                      Ibanez RG5000SG
                      Ibanez RGT3120TV
                      Cole Clark FL1AC

Mesa Boogie Mark V Head
                      POD Studio UX 2

Comment

Hi all,

finally i could give some update

So last saturday i went to see the demon and play it a bit, it's in near mint condition except very light scratch and light discoloration of the maple fret, other than that it's in perfect condition

As for the 23-24 fret i could still access it, but couldn't bend it because of the lower horn cut position. Surprisingly it feels ok to me, and the neck thickness although it's thicker than my wizard ibanez, it fit perfectly in my hand, oooohhh.... i'm so in luv now

I'm very happy that all of you guys here give comments and feedbacks that help me to decide and get the very first Jackson in my life not to mention that it's USA custom Shop, thank you very much and hope you all have a good day, GBU

Note : NGD thread coming soon....
                        Last edited by donnykbs; 07-02-2014, 08:56 PM.
                        Ibanez RG5000SG
                        Ibanez RGT3120TV
                        Cole Clark FL1AC

Mesa Boogie Mark V Head
                        POD Studio UX 2

Comment

Congrats! No need to start another thread, post pics here!

Comment

Awesome! Congratulations.

Comment

Now it's time for NGD - The Forbidden Love Story between demon ("Olivia") n me....

I still have question, and hope you guys could shed some light :
                              - Is the marty signature real ? because the last owner that sold this to me, actually meet Marty

Thanks all for your attention, gonna play Olivia hard, long live metal
                              Last edited by donnykbs; 07-02-2014, 08:59 PM.
                              Ibanez RG5000SG
                              Ibanez RGT3120TV
                              Cole Clark FL1AC

Mesa Boogie Mark V Head
                              POD Studio UX 2

Comment

Cool pics, man!

-Since this is a Custom, the body wood could be anything. Maybe unscrew that cavity cover and look for some exposed or non-painted wood in there, and snap a super detailed photograph and post it here.

-Inlays look like ebony to me.

-Best way to ID the pickup is to pull it out, there should be a tag/sticker on the underside of the pickup.

Comment

Working...
                                X