NGD SL-1 Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD SL-1 Content

Took a chance on this one as the pics on ebay were the crappy cellphone variety although the seller had excellent feedback. Ended up winning it for $825. Was pretty dirty when it showed up but after some cleaning it looks mint. Still had the hang tag and case candy as well as the Mars Music salesman card with it. The build card says DCR for the color. Whatever that is. Don't know if I dig the color yet but it sure plays nice. Should have taken some pics with a flash to bring out the color a bit more. Build tag says its a 1997.

1997 Dark Candy Red SL1
    2002 Candy Apple Green DK1
    2008 Satin Black SL3
    2011 Charvel Socal Candy Red
    2010 Les Paul Standard Plus Cherry Burst

Mesa Boogie Mark IV

DCR = Dark Candy Red? :think:

That looks pretty nice, dude! Seems like a hell of a score for $825!

Comment

Well I noticed a bunch of Soloists going cheap on Ebay last week. Very nice Black later 2000s SL-1 went for $1030 and then right after that a mint 2007 Black SL-2H went for $930. This one sat until the last minute at $750 so I figured I would toss a $900 bid on it. Someone else bid it up to $825 and I won it for $826. I don't usually look a gift horse in the mouth so I didn't complain. His pics probably made quite a few people leery.

1997 Dark Candy Red SL1
      2008 Satin Black SL3

Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Comment

Nice score! Congrats. DCR should be deep candy red.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

great price for a quality guitar. I'm hoping you photoshopped that serial number, otherwise the guy stamping it must have been drunk! LOL.

seriously though, awesome guitar. congrats! Bet that color looks great under stage lights
          Proud endorser of:
          Steve Clayton Inc. http://www.steveclayton.com
          GLS Audio http://www.glsaudio.com
          Orange County Speaker http://www.speakerrepair.com/

Comment

Yeah, that's deep candy red. I had one - in fact, it was my first Jackson. Great price, I must say!

Comment

I have no photoshop skills so unfortunately the stamper must have been inebriated.
              1997 Dark Candy Red SL1
              2008 Satin Black SL3

Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Comment

Nice! Can't complain about the price either.

Comment

:ROTF:

I remember that one! Yes, the kitty paws in the one shot, and the "Is this the headstock photo, or is he showing off his gun collection?" pic did not reassure me that the guitar was in good condition.

But hell for $825 as long as there are no structural issues like cracks or warping, how could you go wrong? :dunno:

Comment

Heh heh, yeah the gun rack was amusing especially with interested kitty thrown in the mix. It looked like hell when I pulled it out of the case, but about two hours of taking the Floyd apart and cleaning and oiling and a good polish on the top and headstock made it look quite nice.
                    1997 Dark Candy Red SL1
                    2008 Satin Black SL3

Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Comment

Great guitar, price and colour!
                      Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

This is a little off topic but Sukoi in that pic of the serial number it doesnt look like the neck has rolled edges. Does it have rolled edges? Because I'm wondering if ALL USA Jacksons are made with rolled fretboard edges or it's something they started at a certain time-period.

Comment

IDK about you guys but I totally dig that colour.
                          I like EL34s.

Comment

Great score and nice color! Enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Acesofbelkan View Post
                              This is a little off topic but Sukoi in that pic of the serial number it doesnt look like the neck has rolled edges. Does it have rolled edges? Because I'm wondering if ALL USA Jacksons are made with rolled fretboard edges or it's something they started at a certain time-period.
                              Truthfully I wouldn't know. The edges seem somewhat abrupt so I am going to say no but I am really just taking a shot in the dark.
                              1997 Dark Candy Red SL1
                              2008 Satin Black SL3

Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Comment

Working...
                              X