Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Limited Run USA Custom Shop KE2... to play or not to play.....that is the question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limited Run USA Custom Shop KE2... to play or not to play.....that is the question...

Hi All,

Well sitting home for me to open is my first Jackson Custom Shop KE2.

I purchased it from AMS. They said it was a limited run of 5 guitars (which I confirmed by calling Jackson/Fender). They made 3 black with white pinstripes and 2 white with black pinstripes.

It turns out that all of the black ones are in the scratch and dent pile. The other white one that was sold is currently being played.

I was thinking of just keeping it as a collectors piece and not touching it, but not really sure....til I see it.

What do you all think...
    Last edited by SORT333; 07-22-2010, 02:34 PM. Reason: Spelling

Play the snot out of it.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Guitars are meant to be played!!
      http://www.wulffson.com

Comment

Yes, play it.
        For me, I do collect guitars ...to play. If I don't play them, I sell them.

Comment

It's just a KE2 with EMG's and a pinstripe job. It's not really especially collectible. If you get it, get it to play. If you want to collect a Kelly, the real collectable ones seem to be the 25th anniversary "king" kelly's like Jani has, (With the body cutouts and full size body.) or one of the Friedman signature models.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Play it!

Comment

Play it !!
              http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

They also had or still have a limited WR1 in the same finish options. I nearly went for the black with white pins, but I decided to buy two used Warriors instead... BTW, it makes no sense in buying a guitar if you're not gonna play it.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Play it and look after it,
                  If it is worth money, it still will be played or not, provided you dont beat the shit out of it

Comment

Why can't you still keep it as a "collector's piece" but play it anyway? Hendrix's burnt Strat was still worth a lot of $, and it was not only played, but burned to the ground! Besides, it's not really a collectable Kelly anyway.
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Spank that plank

Comment

Hi All,

Well I can see the consensus is clear "Play It". My telepathy must have been working last night, I couldn't help plug it in to the Marshall. Holy Sh*t, what a guitar, did I say what a guitar, the Kelly is super sweet.

Thanks All,
                        Randy

Comment

Punish it! Like a Russian whore on a Friday night, ride it hard and leave with a $20.00 on the night stand!

Comment

Guitars which were celebrity-owned or have some other sort of history are OK for sealed glass cases. Otherwise, play 'em... that's what they're built for.

Comment

If you're considering not playing with the hopes that some day it might be worth a lot of money then you should really take some classes on investment. Seriously, it's a guitar that was meant to played, not stored away like gold bullion.

Use it for what it designed to do or sell it to someone who will. A guitar that's not played is a waste of wire and wood.

Comment

Working...
                              X