• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD! WR1 and KV2

Here's the KV-2 I got a while back:

Nice reflective top

And the WR-1:

Not too fond of the WR-1's neck profile. Kinda big for my taste for this body type. I preferred the old 1990 profile with the flat spot.

The KV-2 neck is ok, could be a bit more round.

The Bolted Steel finish looks a lot better in person than in pics IMO. It's kind of a Metallic Silver.
    Would only take a couple of waterslide decals to turn it into a Warbird :P
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Cool WR1! Is that the stock Invader/Full Shred in there?

Comment

Yup. Came tuned down to D, which suits the Invader nicely.
      I've got an Invader in a WRMG tuned to C# which also sounds nice.

The Full Shred isn't too bad as a neck pickup.

The KV has dual JBs - including an actual neck model (with the screws on the neck coil). My NASLs came with a JB in the neck, but it was a regular bridge model.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Nice kv!

Comment

Warriors FTW! Did you get that one for $999?
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Welcome to the WR1/KV2 owners club.

The first thing I did with my WR1 was swap that shitty Invader for a BKP Painkiller and no pup has ever suited a guitar more. The Full Shred is a sweet neck pup and a perfect companion to the Painkiller. Its like they were calibrated.

Love the KV2. Classic black.
            Dave Mustaine would approve.

By the way, does anybody else own a Snakeskin KV2 or even seen one? I've never seen another. Not even on forums.
            All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Nice guitars, Newc. Dare I ask.....where did you get the WR1? I *think* I've been wanting one of those for a while. That is, I would love to play one and see if I like it. I love the looks of the Bolted Steel. I'm with you; I would have no choice but to make it into a Warbird of some description.
              Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Newc, I'd like to hear you play some down-tuned schtuff on these! Got any clips or Youtube?
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Nope. Usually I just do the slow plodding stuff like vintage Sabbath

Comment

That WR is outstanding!
                    Maybe it's just the pics but the inlays really stand out...like abalone.
                    Paintjob rivets are perfect as well, not overdone.

Comment

I always loved the KV, too, but could not get comfortable with the itty bitty frets on the damn thing.. The bolted steel has been a personal favorite as well, hope you can come to terms with both of those beasts.. Nice additions...
                      Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Nice geets! About that neck on the Warrior...I've yet to play a USA Warrior in a store, but I've played the bolt-on. I'm not a fan of heels, so it was a pass. Can you compare the neck feel to a USA Soloist?...enjoy!

Comment

Been a few years since I had a USA Soloist, but the neck on the KV and the Warrior feel the same to me, which feels like a DK2M neck. When did they change the KV2 to the bigger profile?

Comment

I'm green! Kick ass guitars!!

I'd personally love to have more USA guitars but they just go for to damn much.
                            Chris

Is there any other brand of guitar...?

My fleet of guitars
                            http://www.angelfire.com/va2/ckjones

Comment

Originally posted by CKJ View Post
                              I'm green! Kick ass guitars!!

I'd personally love to have more USA guitars but they just go for to damn much.
                              Personally, I think they are very worth it.
                              I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
                              X