NGD- DK1 Snakeskin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD- DK1 Snakeskin

Snagged a well-used DK1 in gray snakeskin last week for a decent price. Was apprehensive about the neck width. Happy to report that I was wasting my time worrying about it- neck is awesome. After replacing the OFR, it was ready to tear it up. Still not sure if I'll keep the EMG's in it. More of a SD Blackouts fan for actives and JB/59 for passives.
    A few minor issues: it has a serious ding on the front, near the jack, as well as the clear coat coming up off of the headstock, near the logo. I want to get these fixed. Any recommendations on JCF-er's who do this kinda thing? I'm not looking to drop a bundle on it but I do want something pro looking.
    http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...k1101209-2.jpg

Now that is a kick ass piece of machinery. Congrats on the find.
    Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

The snakeskin pattern looks killer! Mike Learn did some repairs on a body that I had for a reasonable price, you might ask him.

Comment

Congrats. I've previously owned one of these. It lives with Gartron now.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Yes it does ..and I love it!!

Comment

Gave it a full-on band rehearsal road test. Great player. Killer looks. I'd move the volume knob back a bit and I WILL be putting in SD Blackouts to replace the EMG's, but outside of that, she's a keeper!

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
              Gave it a full-on band rehearsal road test. Great player. Killer looks. I'd move the volume knob back a bit and I WILL be putting in SD Blackouts to replace the EMG's, but outside of that, she's a keeper!
              I really dig it man....is it ebony or rosewood on the fretboard? I'd swap the pickups as well...don't like EMGs (no offense to anyone that does) they just aint my cup of tea. I've never used blackouts...are they pretty hot? I like my p'ups nice and steamy

Nice score man!
              Todd M

Comment

Originally posted by veniculum View Post
                I really dig it man....is it ebony or rosewood on the fretboard? I'd swap the pickups as well...don't like EMGs (no offense to anyone that does) they just aint my cup of tea. I've never used blackouts...are they pretty hot? I like my p'ups nice and steamy

Nice score man!
                They're hotter than a triple-c*nted hooker.
                I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                  They're hotter than a triple-c*nted hooker.
                  Dunno about the triple genital-ed hooker, frankly, never heard of one, let alone been with one :think: but the Blackouts are definitely hot. I like 'em because I find their tone to be fuller than the EMG's. Tight low's, fuller mids and still the killer high end that cuts thru the mix nicely. The fret board is ebony.

Comment

Played one of them at the local guitar shop, absolutely beaut, wish I could afford it, well that or an EDS SL1/SL2 I don't mind which XD
                    Gear

Jackson DXMG
                    Jackson JS30RR
                    Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                    Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                    Blackstar HT5H
                    Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                    Marshall JCM 800 2203
                    Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment