I'm new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new

Hey all, I'm a newb around these parts, obviously. I'm back to playing Jacksons after a long overdue break from years of playing other brands. I am a big fan of the KV2T and came back to using Jackson by grabbing up two of them. A white one that I have been has been getting a lot of use and an absinthe green one that I just purchased yesterday. I dig having 24 frets and the 24.75 scale. I know a lot of guys like the 25.5 scale but I am most comfortable with the .75 shorter scale.

Here is the white one.

And here is the green one. It's being delivered on the 16th. Pic is from the dealer I got it from.

Welcome! Sweet guitars! I have one of the 25.5" scale KV2Ts and I love it. I seem to struggle a bit with the short scale on my SLS, especially when combined with jumbo fret wire.

Comment

I have skinny fingers so it fits really well. I didn't know how I would take to it at first. I had lurked around for a while and saw how many didn't like it but had to try it for myself. As soon as I picked up the white one I was in love. Since I am the one that has to play it every day I followed my instinct lol That and I love the headstock which also seemed to be another thing many didn't like. Hahaha I think I am the opposite of the herd. lol I look at it this way, the more others don't buy them the more there will be for me!

Comment

Welcome.

I don't really notice the difference in scale length and I have Jackson guitars in both 24.75" and 25.5".
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I love that headstock too. I'm afraid to refer to it as the smurf hat headstock as it usually stirs things up

Comment

Welcome to the board Killdozer and congrats on your new toys!
            Gear

Jackson DXMG
            Jackson JS30RR
            Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
            Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
            Blackstar HT5H
            Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
            Marshall JCM 800 2203
            Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Welcome man nice V

Comment

now thats a good first post.. Damn i love those KV2T's actually really close on my next guitar list..

Comment

Hey Killdozer those two axes are killer!
                  Big welcome from another newbie who`s just stepped back into the Jackson fold.

Comment

Hey
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Very nice Vs my friend. Welcome aboard!

Comment

Awesome V's! Welcome to the forum!
                        Chris

Is there any other brand of guitar...?

My fleet of guitars
                        http://www.angelfire.com/va2/ckjones

Comment

Welcome!
                          Awesome guitars!

Comment

Fuck man, a white kv2t is my current hard gas'n dream guitar! Thanks for the sweet pics, looks a beauty!

Comment

Love those inlays. I remember that movie, too. It was pretty good considering how little money they spent to make it. After all, how much does it cost to rent a (possessed) bulldozer?

Comment

Working...
                              X