Clear All

look where I found you jaja I`m DrJackson from guitarristas.info

Comment

Same guitar, same forums!
      Jackson SL2H Transparent Green
      My Youtube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by mohi View Post
        OK, thanks a lot, and what about the screamin demon? any opinions on it? I can't make many changes so I would like to choose the right pick up.

regards
        I haven't tried one myself, but I understand the screaming demon is actually more of a medium output pickup.

I'll throw another vote in for the sh-5 Custom.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

the SH-5 Custom/TB-5 Custom is by far my favorite PU. the SH/TB-14 Custom 5 is a close second...
          Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

Bareknuckle.

Nailbomb, Ceramic Nailbomb, Painkiller or if you want total destruction, Warpig. Or for insane total destruction, Ceramic Warpig.
            I like EL34s.

Comment

Interesting. I'd love to try some of the newer customs, but I'm loving the JB too much for now. I do remember the full shred being really nice, and the allan holdsworth being not so hot, I think I'm liking lower output HBs in my older age..LOL!

Comment

Yeah, me too, to an extent - I've replaced almost all my Distortions with Customs and ceramic 59s

I finally did put a ceramic in a JB the other day and I have to say it's awesome. Not as nasal as the stock JB but not as saturated as the Distortion. I don't have to use my "both gains on 10" ADA patch to get decent saturation and it's got more balls and less honk. I can still get good MegaDave tones without sounding like it's going through the Compressor From Hell.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  I finally did put a ceramic in a JB the other day and I have to say it's awesome. Not as nasal as the stock JB but not as saturated as the Distortion. I don't have to use my "both gains on 10" ADA patch to get decent saturation and it's got more balls and less honk. I can still get good MegaDave tones without sounding like it's going through the Compressor From Hell.
                  Me too!

I think it sounds kick ass! It's nice and tight and the lead tone cuts through really well.

It didn't exactly get "rave reviews" on the Duncan Forums but it's way better than the JB (at least in the Soloist) and for lead, I think I am liking it better than the Custom!

Comment

Yeah, I think there's a few sheeple on the SD forum who follow Blueman's word a bit too closely. He's done tons of magnet swaps, granted, but just because he says an A8 is the only magnet a JB should have, there are quite a few lemmings who eagerly jump off his cliff IMO.

I mean, put a standard-sized ceramic in a 59 - neck or bridge, either one - and see what you think. I think it kicks ass. "Everyone" at the SD forum said it'd suck and you can't/shouldn't put a ceramic in a PAF wind and I should go with an A2 instead - a lower-powered magnet. WTF?
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Now that I've lived with it for a week, I have to say the stock JB in my 98 RR1 kicks ass in that guitar. I think I got one that was wound on "Tequila Friday!" or something. I actually have no desire to replace it with a Custom.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        Yeah, I think there's a few sheeple on the SD forum who follow Blueman's word a bit too closely. He's done tons of magnet swaps, granted, but just because he says an A8 is the only magnet a JB should have, there are quite a few lemmings who eagerly jump off his cliff IMO.

I mean, put a standard-sized ceramic in a 59 - neck or bridge, either one - and see what you think. I think it kicks ass. "Everyone" at the SD forum said it'd suck and you can't/shouldn't put a ceramic in a PAF wind and I should go with an A2 instead - a lower-powered magnet. WTF?
                        It's hard to tell how that's going to work out for any individual. Even with someone you know you have similar taste. I don't have any more ceramic magnets that I can pillage at the moment but I don't see why that isn't worth trying, and if you like it, then fuck all those guys that probably haven't even tried it and say it "has to suck."

Comment

Love the TB4. Go listen to some Megadeth. It gets the job done.

You won't find a sweeter soloing pickup.

I won't put it into every axe I own, but it's staying in the SL2H.

Comment

I do like the TB4/JB for lead. In some guitars it has this twangy quality to the low mids that bugs me. I liked it in my Mahogany Strat, though, and it also sounds good in Basswood.

Comment

Ok, last night I was playing some Heaven and Hell tracks. I had all my Gibsons out, and they were sounding great. But just for kicks I pulled out the Bengal SL2H. Man if it didn't just nail the tone. I forget sometimes how badass that guitar is, and that's going up against two Historic LPs and an SG Std.

Comment

The JB is very bright. Works well in mahogany. Distortion I find to have more midrange, more growl. I like the Distortion better. I tried a BKP painkiller recently and it was awesome. Much like the distortion, but it just seemed to have more balls. Also worth noting it is very articulate.
                                I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
                                X