W.O. # on tag....what does that mean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W.O. # on tag....what does that mean

I bought my SL2H basically unused from a guy who bought it new from the Music Zoo,
    let it sit in the case, and sold it to me in mint, basically untouched condition. It is
    a black SL2H, and the hang tag has a W.O.# filled in. I was looking at the custom shop
    guitars on the other post, and the custom guitars had these work order numbers. My question is,,,does the work order number appear on every USA hang tag, or does it indicate some sort of special order? I don't see custom shop on the headstock, but it is black and not the metallic black like just about every SL2H I see for sale that's black. In the sold section of the Music Zoo, my guitar appears and is just called an SL2H....no special indications about it.

The W.O. number is the work order number, referring to the work order relating to when the guitar was built.

If this was a Custom shop guitar the serial number would start with J, if it starts with U then it is a USA select (there are some exceptions)

Also, Custom shop guitars do not always have "custom shop" on the headstock, as they are custom ordered if the person/dealer who orders it requests the custom shop script not to be present then it will not be added to the headstock

Sounds like you have a SL2H USA select, hope this helps

Comment

I figured it was a USA select,,,just curious. THanks for the reply.

Comment

No Problem, hope it plays well!

Comment

Working...
        X