NGD: 1988 GID Snakey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: 1988 GID Snakey!

Renamed from that other dang thread...argh...

Snagged this off the JCF classifieds...oh yeah! What we have here is a 1988 Jackson Strat with original glow-in-the-dark snakeskin paint. I've been looking to score a snake strat for a while, and jumped at the chance to get a GID. When have you seen one of these before?? This makes GID Strat #2 for me, GID Snakey and GID Spidey!

She looks to be alder, and has a J90C. This body doesn't have a nick or scratch on it, although there are these tiny dimples all over the finish that you can see from certain angles. It's really odd, and consistently covers the entire finish. The seller indicated that it just sort of spontaneously happened on its own. It's not bad, but it's there. The JT6 is pretty darn clean, and everything looks to be stock.

I tru-oiled the neck, disassembled and scrubbed the JT6, converted the loose bar to budman's collared variety, and lemoned up the board. This baby reaaaaally cleaned up nicely.

Both the trem post washers are there, although the need to be glued back down. The work orders match up nicely.

Comment

Comment

Sorry about my last post if it sounded dickish.

Either way, that's a GORGEOUS guitar, please some GID pictures when you figure it out, well if you can :P

Comment

If you EVER get bored of that let me know!!!

Comment

Sweet! Congrats.

Comment

Very nice addition to your collection! I love these Jackson strats and they're hard to find unmodded and in this condition.

Comment

Awesome bro, I'm glad you like it!! I loved that guitar for years and years and years (since I first bought it) but it was time to move it on to a new home. Too bad I wiped off Warren DiMartini's signature on it when I first bought it. Thanks again for an awesome transaction.

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
                  If you EVER get bored of that...
                  I LOL'd!

Originally posted by fly View Post
                  Awesome bro, I'm glad you like it!! I loved that guitar for years and years and years (since I first bought it) but it was time to move it on to a new home. Too bad I wiped off Warren DiMartini's signature on it when I first bought it. Thanks again for an awesome transaction.
                  Yeah still digging it. Where was the sig anyways? The 1988 thing was a bit of a surprise, but it really doesn't affect the value compared to 1987.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                    I LOL'd!

Yeah still digging it. Where was the sig anyways? The 1988 thing was a bit of a surprise, but it really doesn't affect the value compared to 1987.
                    It was on the face, where your arm would rest! Kinda obvious that anyone who played it would wipe it off!!

Comment

Fucking hell, I'm sorry I missed this one, mine needs a little friend.
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

whoa that's a sweet one! Congrats!
                        Ashique M. Fahim
                        Instrumental Rock Guitarist/Singer/Songwriter

www.facebook.com/iamfahim
                        www.myspace.com/amfahim
                        www.reverbnation.com/ashiquemfahim
                        www.youtube.com/kalapoka666

Comment

Working...
                        X