Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Dinky strat 1988 special grover signature!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Dinky strat 1988 special grover signature!

Hello folks ,

Here I found a jackson dinky from 1988 with a grover jackson signature on the back of the headstock!

I don't know any specifications yet. But I will post them ASAP, I think within 10 hours.

also heard there were only 100 signed?!?!

And.. how much will something like this be worth? I think they're quite expensive?

Last edited by porsche928; 08-16-2010, 06:05 PM.

Awesome!!

Comment

Really nice looking guitar! I would guess the range to be $700 to $1200 in the current soft guitar market.

Comment

Originally posted by tcwil8 View Post
        Really nice looking guitar! I would guess the range to be $700 to $1200 in the current soft guitar market.
        Prolly about right. That looks pretty clean! The Grover sig doesn't do much for the value. There may have only been 100 in this run, but he signed many different runs.

Comment

The only way to find out what it is worth would be put it up for sale and see what it brings. As you can see with the estimate above it's not like you've won the lottery or anything. The fingerboard on that looks super dry, you may want to consider giving it some TLC.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Keep in mind I'm only going on the US market. Other locales may bring more.

Comment

God no, it's not worth that. There was one that wouldn't sell for $400 on Seattle Craigslist a few months ago...
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                The only way to find out what it is worth would be put it up for sale and see what it brings. As you can see with the estimate above it's not like you've won the lottery or anything. The fingerboard on that looks super dry, you may want to consider giving it some TLC.
                I didn't buy it yet and nope, it's really affordable

Comment

Oh, and there are lots of GJ signed bolt-ons from that era. And lots of h/s in red or blue crackles...

Comment

They did them in both blue crackle and red crackle. I'm not sure if it was 100 of each or 100 total. They were all from 87-88.

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                      Oh, and there are lots of GJ signed bolt-ons from that era. And lots of h/s in red or blue crackles...
                      Plz find me one for sale with a full size strat body. Kthx.

Comment

OK, there are lots of signed dinkys then.

Comment

OK, there are lots of signed dinkys then.
                          I wasn't arguing, I really would love for you to find one for me!

Comment

No worries I thought I did see a black strat which he'd signed on the back, but I can't find a pic of it...

Comment

No worries I thought I did see a black strat which he'd signed on the back, but I can't find a pic of it...
                              Um, I have one of those.

Comment

Working...
                              X