Hello Jackson Community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Jackson Community

New member here! I have never played a Jackson before. Good reason to join the forum right?

Anyway, I've been playing guitar for about 7 years, and the very first guitar I ever wanted was an RR5. Obviously wasn't going to get that as my first guitar though. And now somehow I have 4 electrics (2 Gibsons, 2 Deans) and a Dean acoustic. I'm realizing now more than ever that I shouldn't have all these guitars but don't have the guitar I've always wanted. And I've heard nothing but great things about Jackson.

So I decided I finally want to get that guitar. Well, actually, I'd like to get an RR1. If I'm finally going to get it, I might as well go USA and get something that I'm never going to want to "upgrade", right?

So aside from just introducing myself, I'd also like to know some info about the RR1's. I still can't afford a new one, so I've been scouring Ebay and craigslist. How has Jackson's USA quality been through the years? Should I be searching for a certain decade on these guitars? Am I going to love this guitar?
    Last edited by ccasj; 08-17-2010, 08:03 AM.

Hello?
    Is there anybody in there?
    Just nod if you can hear me
    Is there anyone at home?

Come on, now
    I hear you're feeling down
    Well I can ease your pain
    Get you on your feet again
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
      Hello?
      Is there anyone at home?

Come on, now
      Ya, Led Zeppelin!!!

Welcome to the forums! I've played some USA's, only from two difference time periods though. A DK1 from '97ish, and a couple of SL1's from last year. I loved the feel of both of them, but the Dinky just felt more natural to me, although I have a severe love for guitars made in the 80's/90's as opposed to today.

Also, you have to be a Plat member to make sales and trade posts, so you might wanna edit the last part of your post. I wont tell anyone

Comment

Yeah, noticed that after I posted... took it away to avoid trouble already.

Comment

Welcome!!

you'll be safe on "quality" picking a USA Jackson, even some Japan models are quite nice to play.

Comment

I'm looking forward to it. As soon as I can sell my Dean, I should have the cash to buy a nice RR1. Hopefully I can find a nice white one..

What pickups are in those guitars?

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Hello?
              Is there anyone at home?

Come on, now
              [QUOTE=MetalHeadMat;1369547]Ya, Led Zeppelin!!!

not saying this to be a dick, but im pretty sure thats Pink Floyd.

to ccasj... get that USA, they are amazing and you will love it whichever model you get. only thing im not too fond of anymore are the JB's but thats an easy fix.

Comment

Welcome!

SD JB and Jazz are standard in most US Jacksons.
                I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Has there ever been a USA Rhoads guitar made with the white and dual black pinstripes like the RR5? I also found a limited RR3 that had the dual black pinstripes. That was always something that drew my attention towards the RR5. It looks much nicer than the RR1... why is that not the standard option on the USA model?

EDIT: and uhh.. just for kicks, I decided to search on guitar center. I found a 1985 Black with white bevels for only $1000. I thought I read somewhere that the first few years of production were all basically custom shop guitars, is this true? How good of a guitar is this and how good of a price?

The guitar is actually quite unique. Non shark fins, one volume (i'm assuming) and no tone, and what looks like a weird type of bridge. What say you guys?

Last edited by ccasj; 08-17-2010, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Well that's just a run of the mill Student Rhoads. Made in USA, sure, but rosewood board, no binding, no sharkies. A bit overpriced I'd say.
                    Last edited by RacerX; 08-18-2010, 02:38 PM.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ahh.. that's the student I've heard about. Why do you say soloist? Is that what they were called?

how about this one? Also unique with the neck pickup and possibly a gold control plate (can't tell if its just lighting):

Comment

Originally posted by petez0r View Post
                        not saying this to be a dick, but im pretty sure thats Pink Floyd.
                        The joke went right over your head!
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Haha.. another question. I've heard the Jackson USA quality wasn't quite as good for the year or two when Fender bought them out. Is this true, and which year(s) was this?

Comment

:dunno: Nothing wrong with my 2003 BKGF WR1
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Welcome to the forum C! The weird bridge that you're referring to is a Kahler system. Most Jackson's from their early years had them. Unless that RR has stickers on the fretboard, the 12th fret markers look like Iron Crosses to me. Could have been specified in the order. The pre Fender Jackson v.s post Fender Jackson guitar argument has been discussed plenty here and the consensus is that there really is no difference in the quality of the guitars.

Comment

Working...
                              X