No announcement yet.

RR1 SN UO68xx - Approximate build date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR1 SN UO68xx - Approximate build date?

Local dealer got in a nearly mint metallic black RR1 on trade-in. I'm probably going to nab it off them but I was curious if anyone knew the approximate build date on it.

Thanks!
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Late 1998

So, still poplar.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/suppor...ductdating.php
      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Thank you sir.

One thing I noticed is compared to my RR1T is it's super light. Would that be poplar vs alder wings or just missing wood for the trem cavity?
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

So these used to be made with poplar as opposed to alder in the 90's? Or was that just a specific year or two? How does the tone compare between the two?

Comment

From my understanding it varied from year to year early. As far as tonewoods they are considered to be very similar in all respects. I'm pretty sure the weight difference I was feeling is just missing wood from the trem cavity.

Regardless, my wife cleared me to pursue and it's on hold for me at the store right now. It's going to take a couple days to get the financial ducks in a row and then it will be coming home with me. NGD post will come when I have it. (Probably going to pick up a digi 11R at the same time since this guitar purchase will further delay my ability to buy an Axe-fx.)
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Well, once you get it, enjoy it.
              Gear

Jackson DXMG
              Jackson JS30RR
              Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
              Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
              Blackstar HT5H
              Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
              Marshall JCM 800 2203
              Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ccasj View Post
                So these used to be made with poplar as opposed to alder in the 90's?
                Yes, switched to alder "wings" in 1999.

How does the tone compare between the two?
                I'm no tonewood connoisseur (yes I had to look it up for correct spelling , google is great for that) but I can't tell the difference, but I do use hot pickups through a high gain amp.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Went back and had a closer look at it today. It's actually UO62XX and it literally is nearly mint. No wear on the floyd, no pickswirls in the front finsh. There are a couple small swirls on the back of it and one tiny (less than 1/4" round) ding on the bottom fin. Other than that it appears to have sat in the case for 12 years. I'm psyched!

Now I'm just waiting a couple days for the funds to clear from my investment account into my bank account and I'll go pick it up along with an Eleven Rack. The Axe-fx is now on hold for another year or so. Hopefully the price comes down some on them between now and then hehe.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I picked it up today along with a Digi Eleven Rack. NOGD and NAD threads to come over the weekend!
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                    X