NOGD - 1998 RR1 Metallic Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOGD - 1998 RR1 Metallic Black

I got this guitar yesterday and I'm in love with it already. I haven't torn it down to give it a clean-up yet because it plays so friggin awesome. I believe it has sat in it's case for at least 90% of it's life. There is only one small ding (half the diameter of a pencil eraser) on the bottom horn. Other than that it appears to be mint. I scored it for a hair under $1K so not the deal of the century but a very fair price considering the condition.

The first shot is a little blurry, sorry about that. Click the links below the pictures for larger shots.

http://members.shaw.ca/hellbat/RR1_blk_1.jpg

The second shot is a close up of the finish trying to capture some of the metallic sparkles. They are really subtle and hard to photograph.

http://members.shaw.ca/hellbat/RR1_blk_2.jpg

The last shot is a closeup of the headstock trying to show off the pearl in the logo.

http://members.shaw.ca/hellbat/RR1_blk_3.jpg
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

yup, that thing looks mint. very nice! making me anxious to get mine...

Comment

My god, it's full of stars!! Looks killer.

Comment

Very nice - can't go wrong with that for under a grand. Where'd you find it?
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Somebody traded it in for a drum kit at Tom Lee music in Richmond. They seriously underpaid him for it. The guys there know I'm a Jackson nut so they cut me a killer deal on it. They all kind of wanted to snag it themselves too though.

When I first walked in I started my usual bullshit session, then the guys got hung up on phone calls so I did my next step which is to meander the guitar section checking out what's new. At first I was thinking, "Hey nice black RR5FR, I'm glad they listened to me bugging them to bring in more neckthroughs." Then I noticed the logo looked awful pearly and my heart rate jumped a bit. I saw the price tag was $1200 and was immediately thinking to myself, "What kidney should I sell because I want this?"

It was kind of strange since they don't carry USA Selects in the Richmond store. Due to corporate rules you can't even order one there any more, they have to send you to the downtown location. I think my RR1T was the last USA select Richmond ordered.

The biggest shock was when I saw the serial number because I knew it was older (my RR1T is UO2XXXX) but the thing looked pretty damned new. I think part of it was the guy trading it in didn't really know what he had, it was apparently a gift from a family member and he never took to the guitar, he just played drums.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Noice!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
            X